Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Cold Steel Challenge

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    clfmak

The Cold Steel Challenge is this weekend! Its a competition with lots of divisions- all sorts of weapon fighting and weapon throwing. Its in Ventura. I’ll at least be competing in the knife fighting division. Anyway, here’s more info:
    http://www.coldsteel.com/cschall07.html

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Iím going to try and come up but Iím on the sched that morning. If I can grab a fw instructors we may pile in the Krav truck and jam up.. its only a 45min drive so look for us all in KM shirts since we will come straight from NTC-SO

Mak email me your cell [email protected]

Christian/LR do you want to meet us at SO and then go support Mak?

giant-killer

Hmmm, seems pretty interesting. Sword and spear competitions? Sounds like Gladiator games without the lions. And what on earth is a \”Special Forces Shovel\”?

mike-g
    giant-killer

😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈

giant-killer

Ooops, sorry about that previous one, that was my 666th post. 😈

Anyway, that shovel looks interesting. How would you fight with that thing in the competition? Just whack each other on the head with it? Or use it like a stabbing weapon (thrust it forward like a bayonet)?

la-revancha

My buddy and fellow KM instructor, Nathan, will likely go.

Mak, when are you competing?

clfmak

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

Ooops, sorry about that previous one, that was my 666th post. 😈

Anyway, that shovel looks interesting. How would you fight with that thing in the competition? Just whack each other on the head with it? Or use it like a stabbing weapon (thrust it forward like a bayonet)?

That one is actually just part of the throwing competition- you throw it like a tomahawk. Russian manuals do show using it as a chopping weapon or to bayonet.

La Revancha: I’m not sure when I will be competing yet. I’ll be straightening everything out over the next few days.

giant-killer

And are the edges as sharp as a tomahawk? Could you chop someone’s head off with one of these things?

clfmak

In their videos, they show cutting through a rolled up mat (the kind you see in iaido test cutting) with one of those shovels. They would ruin your day if you got hit in the neck with one.

clfmak

Its starting to look like I might not go. The knife fighting division starts at 8am, which means I’d have to start my road trip at 3am (there’s no way I can make it up Friday night).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: