Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Coming to LA….training?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    smokelaw1

So……I’m going on one of my three or four times annually trips to L.A. I’ll be there from September 4 through 10 visiting both of my brothers in law, who live in Santa Monica.

I would love to go and train with some of the bad-asses I’ve “talked” to and read about on this board.

Now, I’m testing level C (however the terminology works universally, this is my third test) tonight. I have this feeling that I’d get my arse handed to me in a Level C class out there, having only been C here a month….anyone want to be the first to tell me to shut the hell up, grow a pair and train C in LA?
    Anyone want to give other advice? I did honestly think that techniques may have some differences between schools, and training in the level I’ve been in for a year or so might not be a bad idea.

In LA, someone who has passed (hopefully) three tests would go to Level 4 classes? I’m thinking Sam’s level 3 class on Sunday might match my schedule…..

smokelaw1

Re: Coming to LA….training?

Hey, thanks to whoever fixed the typo in the Title!

You should be more that welcome at the NTC. What I have seen in the past is a guest from out of town, goes to the front counter introduces him/herself and after a few questions, will get pointed into which level class best matches thier training level. Yes, there have been guests from IKMF, IKM, et al.

Sam’s L1 course Mondays at 1700hrs is great for overall conditioning and technique training, as is any of his other classes.

Have a safe trip and see you at the NTC.

Don

ps — remember your goodies (km shirt & pants, nard guard, wraps, and for L2 and up shin guards)

don

Stop by Sherman Oaks if you have the chance – great group of guys/gals up there! thumbsup

la-revancha

The Oaks is where its at, though. Not to mention that Sam also teaches over here on the North Side.

smokelaw1

Thanks all. Being an East Coaster (oh, and I am KMWW, just didn’t word my post real well) and not too knoweldgeable about LA…how far is Sherman Oaks from Santa Monica? I know the NTC is really close.

Tested C (Green Belt test) last night solo, as I was away for the test, and our instructor took pity on me…one of the more advanced students volunteered to be my partner for the test. I have not slept enough, and my entire body hurts…but now I’m all post-test amped up for Krav. I love this feeling. I’m always dedicated, and love training, but the months after tests I’m always all super gung-ho. Should still be so when I train at the NTC. I’ll go to the counter an chat with whoever’s on about which class would be right for me…mayeb I’ll try to get to Sherman Oaks AS WELL!! (Yeah, we’ll see what my wife has to say about taking two training detours while we’re out seeing HER brothers and our new neice.)

Thanks all.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

NTC is literally a few city blocks from Santa Monica and next to the freeway. SO is a quick hop of the freeway and depending on traffic I’ve made it door to door in 15 mins. BUT in LA traffic at rush hour all bets are off LOL

If you can get to a computer while in town hit up one of us and let us know when you have free time and we can point you in the right class direction no problems.

Ps: La Rev teachs awesome L3/4 classes all week so try and make one of those if you can.

smokelaw1

Thanks.
    I’ll have access to a computer. Would love to hit one of those 3/4 classes, those are at SO? I’ll check out the schedule.
    Yeah, I am painfully familiar with LA traffic, having flown in or out of LA about 8 times in the last 12 months…sometimes around rush hour…won’t repeat that mistake…”OK, we’ll need to leave now” Me: “Why? My flight’s not for three and a half hours.” Them “Yeah, you’re right…we are cutting it close.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: