Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    true007

:abx:Hello All

I was blessed to get the new book. I started traning with it and it is very easy to follow. thank you KMWW for a great product. My question is are the 5 krav maga training videos a good fit with the book as well?

thanks

True007

psyops

Re: Complete Krav maga book?

The videos are good. Especially if you are a visual learner as I am. The book though is fantastic. To me it is the best instructional “martial arts”, book ever written. I know. We are not a martial art but I needed to use the term to categorize the book!

mara-jade

Hi True,

Yes the DVDs are great. You should know there are 2 known errors in the KM book. It’s noted in this thread

http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=2608

kvmorl

I believe this is the one you are talking about correct?

How would you rate this one? Is it worth waiting for the top one “complete Krav”? My local book store has this one and b/o on the other one.

At any rate i could get either online. I was specifically searching for the Complete Krav book when i saw this second one i wasn’t aware of.

Thanks.

mara-jade

I think he’s referring to KMWW’s book (the yellow one). I can’t comment on David Khan’s book – don’t have it

f-factory

quote kvmorl:

;How would you rate this one?

Hi,

I have this one as well as the Complete Krav Maga book.
    The book by David Kahn is ok, although the lack of pictures (the techniques are drawn) gives it a surreal feel and explanations of the techniques are a bit brief. It is a “basics only” book. The last 20-odd pages are dedicated to a “12-week training plan”. In my opinion, D.Kahn should have skipped that part in favour for more technical detail.

How should I put it? I don’t feel it was waste of money, but after glancing through it once, it has been on my bookshelf…
    The Complete Krav Maga book is definitely a longer read and better reference book. I teach Krav Maga (IKMF) in Germany and I like using it as an inspiration to plan the technical part of my lessons.

Regards,
    John.

kvmorl

quote F-Factory:

Hi,

I have this one as well as the Complete Krav Maga book.
    The book by David Kahn is ok, although the lack of pictures (the techniques are drawn) gives it a surreal feel and explanations of the techniques are a bit brief. It is a “basics only” book. The last 20-odd pages are dedicated to a “12-week training plan”. In my opinion, D.Kahn should have skipped that part in favour for more technical detail.

How should I put it? I don’t feel it was waste of money, but after glancing through it once, it has been on my bookshelf…
    The Complete Krav Maga book is definitely a longer read and better reference book. I teach Krav Maga (IKMF) in Germany and I like using it as an inspiration to plan the technical part of my lessons.

Regards,
    John.

Thank you for your feedback, I read a similar response on user feedback from the online merchant. “Complete Krav Maga book” is on order for $8. thumbsup

true007

Thanks for the infor, and yes I was talking about the yellow book.

Peace,

True007

kravdaj

quote kvmorl:

Don’t waste your money on this book. I got it as a gift and after a quick review it made it to the bottom of the trash bin.

michaelmall

Mr Levines,Mr Kahns and Mr Lichtenfelds books all have high and low spots.
    But togther they make ecellent compamion to each other.
    I see on the local news people that could have possilablely been
    saved from death if they had known what most of you guy’s know.Mr Lichtenfeld
    started this to help his people and decided to share with all the rest of us.
    I thank him for that.

nate

The Levine book is awesome for anyone who’s training, even if you have regular classes – great for reviewing before a test, or brushing up on techniques you haven’t practiced lately. It outlines every move in the curriculum by belt level and then explains each technique in a very direct manner with lots of pictures.

I haven’t read the Khan book yet, but I’m sure it’s got some good stuff in it too.

And yeah True007, the videos are a great pairing for the book. To see the moves in motion helps out a ton. There’s lots of great pictures in the book, but seeing the movement of the hips, foot placement, etc in the videos is invaluable, particularly so if you don’t have an instructor to help you out.

bankai

cool xD ppl here were awesome:jerry::abx:rofl2:soapbox:

devilnuts

quote KravDAJ:

Don’t waste your money on this book. I got it as a gift and after a quick review it made it to the bottom of the trash bin.

I’m going to stick up for David Khan’s book, because I believe it was intended as a very basic introduction to the system, not the end-all reference. He also has out two more books to supplement Krav Maga:

I’m also sticking up for him because he is a great instructor thumbsup. However, I didn’t spend any money on my copy as it came with my membership to his school.

usiel

quote kvmorl:

I believe this is the one you are talking about correct?

I honestly like this book a whole lot. I purchased it and everything seems so clear. He does not try to biff you with long explanations and of course you have the understanding that these are principles and its best to work with a partner. Of course though nothing beats a school

uconnkrav

I got the KMWW one a few months back, and I gotta say, it’s an excellent book for the step-by-step. The pictures are all clear, show exactly what you need, and more than make up for the occasional poorly-worded sentence. It maybe could have focused a little more on the beginning stuff some more, but having a wide variety of more advanced material just means that you won’t outgrow it.
    I found the David Kahn book to be an excellent introduction to the material, but an experienced KM user probably won’t find any new techniques. I did think it did an excellent job of introducing the principles of KM, and gives a pretty good sense of its versitility. I reccomend both, though I haven’t read either of David Kahn’s Advanced Krav Maga techniques.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: