Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jwakamud

Good evening!

As the title says, I am a complete newbie. I am a public educator who has always wanted to take some sort of self-defense class but has never gotten around to it.

I have taken CLEET certification (phases 1-3, will be taking 4 next summer — that means I’m a certified unarmed security guard and unarmed private investigator and will be getting certified for armed next summer) and am getting my handgun license next month… but I’m still missing the actual self-defense aspect. I do have a background in ballroom dance… but I doubt thatll matter much.

I’d been leaning toward Jui Jitsu but recently discovered Krav Maga and have really liked what I’ve seen. I’ve contacted a few studios around here about rates (that is… 2 studios — both offered a free lesson and I will try to schedule one at each studio next month) but I dont think I’ll be able to actually sign up until next summer.

I teach at a public HS fulltime, I adjunct three classes a semester at a local community college, I’m working on my master’s degree in Applied Math at a local university (taking 2 classes a semester), and I work part-time at a retail store… I just dont see how there are enough hours in the day for me to take on something new yet. But next summer I hope to at least take a few months and am just looking to find out more in the meantime!

Thank you for listening to me ramble!

kravandy

Re: Complete NewB

Welcomer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: