Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Compound movements

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

very interesting discovery. I was raised on the bodybuilding methology. isolation work. The last few years everytime I worked out my back woulod go out. I’ve been exploring weight training of late using both isolation work and compound movements. Everytime my back knots up using isolation, yet using compound I don’t have the problem.

Weird how the body was meant to work as a unit and will stablize it’self when it does.

garddawg

Re: Compound movements

Huh? Strange.

BTW hope you are well.

unstpabl1

GD, meaning that if I don’t stick to basics I have trouble. I have a long list of things I work around. Another private conversation but I was doing a very light BB program to get some sort of unBuddha shape back. Even light delt,tri and back work would mess me up asap

Started looking at Dan John and Rippetoe material recently and exploring it the last few weeks very lightly. Not having the same problems. Go figure

Current program started last week literally with only the oly bar is Bench, Squats,Press, cleans, asst’d chins, asst’t pull ups

I’m doing good. Lurked your site last week for research. Can’t do xfit and just left a thai gym because of the foot pain

Hope your all doing great

garddawg

Dan John taught me to clean and I used to work for Rip. Have a few kids competing in some upcoming ply and power lifting meets. I’ll report back. Hope you are well sir.

unstpabl1

Thanks

garddawg

Reporting back as promised. 11 USAPL State Champions in the raw division. One of our female lifters earned “Best Female Powerlifter in the state”. Not bad for a tiny CrossFit gym in Ramona.

unstpabl1

Thats awesomethumbsup I like your gym by the pics and the people on your forum. I’m back in the thai gym working around my limitations. Miss krav though

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: