Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Considering KM videos

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sinias

Hi everyone. I have taken an interest in Krav Maga but unfortunetly have no schools in South Dakota. I am thinking about purchasing the videos and was curious as to how close the techniques are to the actual training in the schools and also do you leave techniques out of the videos? I have studied various styles to include Kenpo, Silat, Kali, JKD, and a few korean systems. I’m looking for something similiar to JKD and Krav Maga seems to be a system that would flow well with it, mostly the trapping of Wing Chun. Please let me know if I’m wrong with the last statement. Any information on the videos and system would be appreciated. Thanks

Lance

anonymous

I don’t think there is any Wing Chun trapping in Krav Maga. We mostly redirect punches, or block them, although trapping is sometimes shown as an alternative.

As for the videos, they have most of the techniques, but not all of them. But they are shown in detail, so they are easy to follow.

dugfoot

I have four of the videos in VHS and I love them. I find that if I am having trouble with a technique or want to hear it in from a different perspective, the tapes can be a good medium. Also, especially with the gun and knife videos, if I haven’t done them in a while, they help me to freshen my memory. If I didn’t have an instructor I would find a buddy to train with and practice the techniques. But, they definitely will not replace a competant instructor. Good luck.

sinias

Thanks for the info. I’m going to buy the DVD’s and also trying to make contact with the school in Minnesota. I’m about 5 hours away and would like to train there once a month if possible. Also looking to move there so I can attend class weekly. Does KM allow a student to train two days a month and follow the dvd’s and also test? I workout at two local martial arts schools, one is a MMA style school which pretty much teaches cage fighting and the other is a friends Kenpo school. I would be practicing my KM there and training as much as possible. Thanks for any information.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: