Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rottngirl

Watched this story this morning, and thought it was pretty cool:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flbmarathoner20120sbjan20,0,152063.story?track=rss

No disrespect to Karate, but had she been a black belt in Krav, the guy probably wouldn’t have gotten up and been able to run off, but still cool to see a news story featuring someone standing their ground in their home and holding their own thanks to their self-defense training..thumbsup

kmman

Re: Cool News story…

Looks like cardio training won! Anyway, my wife is a marathon runner and I’d hate to see her chase down a burglar although she probably could. Thats dangerous. I have to give that woman credit however, took a lot of guts. Glad it worked out where the bad guy lost and good guy (gal) won.

Krav teaches us to get rid of the threat so once the culprit was running I wonder what Krav instructors would suggest in this case. I think I know the answer. Go home safe??????

Although she was very brave and you have to give her credit, it wasn’t very smart to go chasing him down.

You never know whether or not he had a weapon and how desperate he would have been to use it.

However, I might have done the same thing. Great way to take out some frustration too.

:chair:

rottngirl

quote HazardousSmoker:

Although she was very brave and you have to give her credit, it wasn’t very smart to go chasing him down.

You never know whether or not he had a weapon and how desperate he would have been to use it.

However, I might have done the same thing. Great way to take out some frustration too.

Yeah, if she’d come up on him while he was still in her house, that’d be one thing, and I can understand wanting to recover the stolen goods before the guy has a chance to get away, but me personally, I’d have let my dogs take him down while I was on the phone with the local authorities. I’m glad it all worked out in the end though, and it was a cool story since those types of things don’t make the news much…

guerriere

quote HazardousSmoker:

That’s part of the reason I chose krav – both times my purse was snatched I ran after the guys, and then at work when a fight broke out I ran toward it instead of calling our security guards like the sensible people did. If you have that fight-or-flight switch turned to “fight” it’s not so easy to turn it off.

giant-killer

It’s a cool story, but she was obviously taking a risk in running after him. He could have been armed and shot or stabbed her. After she had gotten her stuff back, maybe she should have just let him go. But all ended well, so it’s good that they caught him.

jjk

quote Rottngirl:

No disrespect to Karate, but had she been a black belt in Krav, the guy probably wouldn’t have gotten up and been able to run off,

Lol, yea. That guy would be destroyed once he hit the ground. Though, I suppose live and let live is good too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: