Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Correlation between anger and strength

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    kravjeff

So, it looks like you answered your own question!!! 😉

Should have nailed him in the groin before you got up … 8)

anonymous

But no, no, didn’t want to be mean, just working on putting my anger issues to good use! 😈

I actually tried something similar during a few other sparring situations, which worked well for fighting the pain, but I left out the angry scream, so I wouldn’t needlessly terrify people. In a real fight however, I think the scream would work well, you simply can’t go wrong with adding a little insanity to the mix… 😀

kmcat

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

… In a real fight however, I think the scream would work well, you simply can’t go wrong with adding a little insanity to the mix…

You could also shout other crazy things that might startle and throw off an attacker, maybe \”I have AIDS!!\” or \”What is your favorite color?\”

anonymous

Yes, I actually like that idea. Another thing you could do is starting to sing (which, in my case at least, would certainly send the attacker fleeing for his life!).

Or say something that makes no sense, then when your adversary is thinking about it, go for your defense and counter. Insane people are always scary in a way, because they are unpredictable, so feigning insanity might serve as a distraction, or, in some cases, might even intimidate your opponent.

This would warrant a whole new thread, but while we are here, what does everyone think, could acting as though you are crazy be useful in a fight?

kravjeff

Don’t act crazy … BE crazy (just in control) !!! 😈

anonymous

Don’t worry, I’m a maniac! 😈

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Don’t worry, I’m a maniac! 😈

No your one of Unstabl1’s serial killer internet friends! Remember? Yelling is a great defense,laughing tends to freeze people a bit. A number of years ago acting maniacal saved me from getting mugged in a parking lot in Long Beach at 1am all alone and unarmed.Long story,but i felt these guys6-10) trying to catch up to me to encircle and as they closed i jumped into them screaming all sorts of demented shit at em’.They scattered as i jumped on a car yowling at the moon and screaming how i was going to kill them ,thier family and anything relatedto them,maniacally laughing the whole time. I jumped in my car and didn’t stop shaking till i got home an hour later.I consider it my best performance ever 8) I truely believe it saved my life that night. Yelling not only draws attention it releases emotion. Think about it all great explosions make aloud noise. the disadvantage you have in being attacked is the perp has psyched himself up for the act,kiai helps you go from 0-60 in a NY minute and as you found out can turn the tables at least momentarily.What you did in sparing reminded me of book \”bravo two zero\” about a British SAS team behind enemy in Iraq,GUlf war 1. This 8 man team turned back armour amd of course troops on an open field when they unexpectently stopped running from it and frontally attacked in precision waves. I think most of our special forces troop have the concepts of Speed surprise and violence of action tatooed in their brains. Of course,Prekarious1 and USNAVY_233 would know more about that than I.
    mike

anonymous

Yes, be very careful whom you talk to on the internet! 😈

Your story is interesting. It confirms what I was imagining, that sudden yelling and shouting and acting weird can be distracting and possibly even intimidating, even to a large group of people. Of course, it may not always work, but it’s just another thing to explore. In that situation, facing 6-10 people, even if you were a very good martial artist, you’d have a slim chance trying to physically fight them all, whereas a little bit of insanity could help turn the tide, at least temporarily, long enough for you to get away.

As an actor, of course, you would have an advantage in that situation, you can really turn on that Oscar performance. Me, I’d have an advantage, too, I wouldn’t have to act at all, just being myself would suffice. 8)

unstpabl1

😆

People tend to shy away from the insane,I know I do. Alot of times I have to work nights downtown. Its a different world down there,a cardboardbox city,literally a refuge camp in the middle of L.A. Its like someone opened the doors to the asylums. You give these people a wide berth as so many of them are fighting invisible demons outloud,loudly.

I think when we don’t act the way that is expected in any situation, it causes confusion and frustration to the other person. In that moment we can find an advantage. Thats why being mentally tough is so important. I’m not just talking about SD but all areas of life as well.

usnavy-233

This thread is very interesting. One typically doesn’t think about the sounds of an attack as much as the movements and such. I’ll have to train my brain to go from silent and deadly to loud & crazy and deadly, if I ever found myself engaged in a \”civilian\” conflict other than war! 😉

psyops

Anger,

There is no place for anger in an altercation. In fact the more angry my opponent is the better my chances. It is controlled agression that we must seek. Being angry will get you through an untrained and unsuspecting opponent if everything else is equal. If you can’t control yourself you will end up angry and beaten up!

Conversely if you can make your opponent angry this is a very effective tool. I’ve used it with great results! It is also something that works in sparring. Taunting opponents and mocking them really gets under their skin. They act of anger and frustration and then WHAM! They get caught coming in for \”the kill\”. I love fighting people who are so mentally weak that they react to every little gesture and taunt!

anonymous

I think you are right, blind rage without control could cause problems. But if you can control your anger and just use it as a tool, there may be some benefits.

Turning it around and making the other person angry is a good idea, too. I know boxers or martial artists do this sometimes in tournaments, to throw off the other fighter or force him to make a mistake.

I wonder if it could work for self-defense purposes, though. If you are facing a big, strong, possibly even armed attacker, do you really want to make him angry? Even if you have confidence in your technique, you really don’t know what he is capable of, or if he is a trained fighter, too. I think, if anything, I’d rather confuse him (through acting a bit crazy for example) than make him mad. This might make him let down his guard, giving me an opportunity to strike, or even run, if possible.

kpalena

Control your anger and you can crush almost anything. CONTROL is the key. Anger is a primeval emotion. It is a survival tool. Learn to control it and you can do amazing things. I watched a man punch through his own windsheild from the outside whilst someone was trying to steal said car.

This is true not only for feats of strength, but endurance, speed, and stamina. Anger…heck any emotion…is your best friend, and your biggest enemy. Control the beast, control your life.

anonymous

Well said.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: