Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Curious about the logo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bjelder

So I got asked a question yesterday and it got me wondering..

Is the krav maga logo (the symbol with a circle around it) just a logo, or is it some kind of hebrew character? What meaning is behind it?

I’m stuck in Florida with no Krav so my mind tends to wander!

kirsten

Re: Curious about the logo

Its the “Kouf Mem”, the symbol is the “K” and the “M” written in Hebrew for Krav Maga, which means Contact Combat. The broken circle around it sybolizes that the system allows for old techniques to flow out and new techniqes to flow in… if its no longer working, applicable or needs to change- it goes out and a new technique comes in to fit the need.

pugnax88

I was wondering about that too. Thanks, thats pretty cool.

cigaro78

On that note, the KMF logo (with the stylized star of David) looks absolutely bad ass! I’d love to have that in a tattoo when I’m worthy one day 🙂 … if I ever train with the KMF.

satilan

I would like to add the the Krav Maga symbol doesn’t just include the kuf and mem of the words krav maga – but rather, all the letters that spell krav maga in Hebrew – this is in a similar way to they way the Toyota logo includes all the letters of the word “toyota”. You can reuse the same lines to find all letters.

קרב מגע

Some are trickier than others.
    Kuf ק uses the cursive form of itself, which is more rounded.
    Gimel ג actually lies on its right side.

I agree about the circle’s meaning. But I also think it’s an aesthetic choice to have the circle.

brentw

A last little tidbit – the circle represents the completeness of the system and that everything is integrated and comes back to itself.
    The things you learn in lvl1 & 2 you see again in the higher levels with different scenarios and situations.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: