Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Darren’s Seminar in San Antonio ROCKED THE HOUSE!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Hubby and I got back a little while ago from Darren’s 1st Seminar in San Antonio. OMG – What an experience!! The place was packed! We ended up working downstairs in the center’s garage.

Wow – no wonder everyone loves Darren so much! KM radiates in this guythumbsup. Learning defenses against knives, sticks (pool sticks in a bar for instance), beer bottles. We did great drills on 360 defenses, redirection, learning to be aware of your surroundings. We got a little dirty but man it rocked! The seminar went over the time limit (Darren even apologized) but we DIDN’T CARE:D:.

I gotta thank Pete for inviting Darren and our instructors – Mando, Jeremy, Mike, Leslie and the rest of the crew – Y’all are DA BOMBthumbsup

I’ll try to think of the stuff we did – just REALLY worn out right now. One of them was your partner was holding a bag behind them and you HAD to run and follow them to give hammer strikes while being aware of EVERYONE ELSE RUNNING IN THE GARAGE doing the SAME thing.

As we left, the LE seminar was gonna be in a bit. Man, they’re in for some awesome training. The seminar had so much going I didn’t get to take really many pictures. I’ll see if I get any from my KM compadres or someone will post theirs.

You San Antonio folks – don’t let me be the only one saying how great it was!:woohoo::woohoo:

alamocitykid

Re: Darren’s Seminar in San Antonio ROCKED THE HOUSE!!

I new mJ would beat me on the web site, and she was correct, as always. We had a great time–the three hour seminar lasted four+ hours. besides working with aluminum beer bottles and pool cue lookalikes, we got to simulate being on the nasty street by attacking banana bags and rolling on the rough concrete floor–I’m all scuffed up from that, but who cares? Now I’m having a real beer and getting ready to go see Chuck Norris’ World Combat League semifinals tonight. What a great day!

mara-jade

Oh good – it just wasn’t me being all bruised up, scuffed up and enjoying every MINUTE OF ITthumbsup.

Seeing Darren hand Pete his Force Training Coin was an honor:):

stevetuna

That’s great to hear. Mr. Levine will be in Scarsdale, NY on 5/17. I’m trying to put the plan together to get down to see him. Based on your reviews, it will be worth it!

lcash

It was a blast! I too am scuffed up pretty good. In addition to being sore in every muscle I have. Gonna be tough to get up in the moring. It was awsome though. The San Antonio folks were great hosts. There were quite a few that came from Houston.

Lcash

alamocitykid

quote stevetuna:

That’s great to hear. Mr. Levine will be in Scarsdale, NY on 5/17. I’m trying to put the plan together to get down to see him. Based on your reviews, it will be worth it!

We had a young man from Dallas whose instructor told him to skip today’s yellow belt test and come to San Antonio for the seminar. His instructor said “you can test for yellow belt any time. You will learn more working out with Mr. Levine.” How cool is that??

mara-jade

Sweet!! Dang – if your instructor says skip your BELT TEST?? Oh, yeah I’d be there.

Watching how Darren defended the attacks from our instructors – there was serious whooshing sounds going on with the sticks..wowthumbsup

Steve – RUN to that seminar man! You can thank us bruised folks laterrofl2

Lcash – great to read you got to gothumbsup

kmcat

Sounds as good or better than the seminar in Denver back in February.

Wish I could have done a “rinse and repeat” and gotten down to San Antonio.

marc426
    Participant

New to the Forum and recently started in Krav comming from being 15 years in Taekwondo I can honestly say that Krav is the Real Deal and Darren’s Seminar was really awesome. Rolling around on the pavement made everything all too real.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Sounds like you guys all had a great time – Darren teaching is a must see! I feel so spoiled!

michaelb

Man, I miss Texas. Moved to the Pacific NW about 1.5 years ago after living in P-ville for 13+ years and Austin / San Marcos for 23+

Sounds like you had fun and I hope Ryan’s group had a good showing….

alamocitykid

quote CJs Dad:

Sounds like you guys all had a great time ñ Darren teaching is a must see! I feel so spoiled!

After reading the posts from you and your compadres, I just bought a condo in LA as a 2nd home. Now I can come out, and work out at NTC, Sherman Oaks, and Simi Valley once in a while. Oh…and I can meet Miriam. Ha!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: