Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    sexybaldman
    maskedkat

I just get \”page not found.\”

g-v

Fuckin animal! 👿

kravjeff

Ouch … 😥

kravmdjeff

It would be hard because I suppose a bottle would be treated as a stick defense. It seemed like a short-range baseball bat-type attack, which if the girl was a Krav Maga practitioner she would have to step into with the cover. I wondered about this type of attack a lot when I was a bartender. It would be hard to strike back if I can’t dive in close to them.

anonymous

I couldn’t watch the video, but if it was a shorter bottle one could probably do the knife defense instead of stick if it worked better in that situation.

As a bartender, maybe you could move back, out of reach of the drunken bottle-swinging bastard? Then grab your own bottle and it’s bottle vs bottle fighting…

psyops

UMM…

Stick Defense,

I don’t know? The counter was almost as tall as the woman, it would have been hard for her to properly defend. You can obviously tell that the victim here has had no training and is woefully out of shape. Neither of these two elements are helpful in this incident. The attacker is a piece of shit!

clfmak

Most bartenders I’ve known would get out their weapon of choice from under the bar. Preferably something effective but justifiable. I’ve seen some pretty custom clubs that would work well against a drunk armed with a bottle or something; a taser would probably be the best option, something like pepper spray might be good, except for the fact that you’d contaminate the room. Lots of problems come to mind with firearms, but I guess certain areas might warrant it. Maybe keep some things that could be used to restrain someone- rope, big zip ties, anything that seems makeshift and not designed specifically for restraint like handcuffs, because of legal reasons. Someone attacking you in your territory should be at a disadvantage, especially while being drunk.

Last week my stepmom was telling me about a guy she used to know back in the day- a big Samoan guy. At some bar, someone broke a bottle over his head. A few minutes later, the Samoan fellow walks up to the guy that broke the bottle on his head. The Samoan guy smashed the emergency fire ax into his head, burying the blade in his skull with one powerful swing. He went to prison for a long time after that. Moral of the story- don’t attack in revenge, and be aware of the legal consequences of what you do.

The sad thing about this video is that the store clerk was totally unaware of what was about to happen, when she was brutally attacked by this jerk!!!! We always train for the unknown, and this is a prime example of what butt heads lurk out there. She had her grandson there, and the jerk smashed a cash register on the clerk… WTF??? I hope he gets the death penalty. 👿

michael

I’m currently in Dallas and this was all over the local news. This guy also cold-cocked an old man standing in line at fast food joint.

This area is one of the most violent places I’ve ever been–there are at least three shootings (!) per day, home invasions, a sniper might be on the loose–last night he shot and killed a 15 y/o kid sitting on some steps with friends….

I can’t wait to move out of this area soon.

Re:

quote \”Michael\:

I’m currently in Dallas and this was all over the local news. This guy also cold-cocked an old man standing in line at fast food joint.

This area is one of the most violent places I’ve ever been–there are at least three shootings (!) per day, home invasions, a sniper might be on the loose–last night he shot and killed a 15 y/o kid sitting on some steps with friends….

I can’t wait to move out of this area soon.

Is this the same guy who punched a man at McDonalds while waiting in line???

bradm

I was a bartender for about 20 years. There are numerous weapons at your disposal behind a bar. Thank god I never had to use any of them. But I always had it in my mind what I would use. The most popular that always came to mind was the cocktail shaker or blender cup. And to be slapped across the face with a wet bar towel – hurts like hell – and can be a good distraction. I guess a bottle of booze is good too. Just be sure to use well and not the top shelf stuff. 😆

kravmdjeff

I guess I just don’t like the fact that, behind the bar, my only option is to back up. Doing weapons defenses, most of them seem to be completely geared toward getting closer to the attacker so you can counter attack and control the weapon. This seems harder behind the bar.

anonymous

Yeah, you wouldn’t want to whack the jerk with a 200 $ bottle of brandy… 8)

CLFMak,

Did the guy with the ax wound survive? Sounds almost impossible to survive being hit in the head with an ax. 🙁 Reminds me of the \”defense against an ax\” thread we had a while back. So these types of attacks do happen….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: