Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Defense against attacker on chest?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi folks!

Do we have a good defense for the above mentioned in krav maga? I mean when attacker is high up with knees right in under/or on shoulders. In this position you can not do the defenses where we are to trap one of the legs of the attacker and swep etc… Perhaps Kevin would like to demonstrate? : P

BTW: Long time since I cared to post here though I read daily… love this forum so kudos to everyone that writes.

eli

Re: Defense against attacker on chest?

You’re describing the coveted “high mount.”

Defense here lies primarily in prevention: keeping your elbows in tight with your fists up at your chin protecting your face will keep his knees from riding up past said elbows with minimal effort, because it’s skeletal.

Barring that, there are a few strategies for escaping from an established high mount. If the arms are free, elbows to the groin and hammerfists to the solar plexus and face become increasingly easy as the mount becomes higher. As the mount rises, the center of gravity of the attacker also becomes increasingly destabilized. lifting in a bench press motion while twisting with the upper body and bridging with a tight abdomen will often throw the attacker off, over, and to the side.

Primary strategy should still be forcing your elbows in and down, and shrimping down into a lower mount to either attempt a rolling sweep or continue the shrimp to half guard, then guard.

However, with sufficient flexibility and a sufficiently high mount, you can also attempt a lower-percentage escape involving leg-lifting, and hooking the front of the chest, then sitting down and extending the leg to topple the attacker backwards. When established, this is often referred to as the reverse mount in submission grappling circles. Sets you up for a quick heel hook or achilles lock you can use to stand up with, then stomp away. You can also pass quickly to knee mount and damage from there while maintaining situational awareness. As a point of reference, the position necessary to leg hook the chest is often compared to the “candlestick” exercise, where not just the legs but also the buttocks is raised off the ground by core strength and upper body counter-resistance.

Hope that helps. If the reverse guard description wasn’t clear, let me know and I’ll try again…
    -Eli

Thank you for the quick answer Eli! It cleared it for me good : )

eli

Any time 🙂
    Glad to hear it,
    -Eli

michaelmall

I have also seen elbows to the thighs..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: