Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    insane-irish

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone can provide reviews/opinions on the three training locations around Detroit: Krav Maga Detroit, Dragon Academy, and The Fighting Fit.

I am going to try to attend classes at each one before joining long term, but figured I would look for input from others perspective. I might not make it to The Fighting Fit one as it is pretty inconvenient. The Dragon Academy is far and away the most convenient for me, so hopefully it is good. It is an ATA which may or may not be a bad thing.

Of course neither one of them has an early morning class at this point which would make things much easier for me to fit classes in.

Thanks.

sped

Krav Maga Detroit (Royal Oak MI)

I haven’t been to the school, but I have worked with Paul, the owner/instructor there. He’s top notch, I would recommend checking it out.

la-revancha

Paul is a beast! Met him back in the day. 2004, maybe earlier.

Instructors I’ve met at NTC have only good things to say about him too.

Get ready for some tough fun!

insane-irish

I’m guessing you are talking about the Krav Maga Detroit school and not one of the other two? I think one of the owners there is named Paul.

sped

I was referring to the http://www.kravmagadetroit.com/ location, which is in Royal Oak.

ryan

I don’t know the other schools, but Paul C. of KM Detroit is terrific.

justin53ro

I Started attending Krav Maga Detroit in Royal Oak when they opened up. I love it and the Instructors are Awesome. I have talked to a person or 2 who have been to one in Livonia and one in Wyandotte and they have liked the school in Royal Oak best so far. I dont know of anyone who has been to any other schools around though.

insane-irish

thanks guys, I’ll be sure to check out the Royal Oak one.

kravmaguy

I attend the one in Livonia and am extremely happy with all of the instructors, and the facilities there. I believe this was the first place in the area offering Krav. There are alot of upper level students who are very helpful to the lower levels. Nick the head instructor is excellent, but does not usually run the Level I courses. He does run the all level courses on Monday and Thursday during the day. Ron, Instructor that was running Tuesday and Thursday level I was grueling. Edmund and Greg are also very good instructors who run the level 1 classes. I cannot compare the Dragon Academy to the other schools in the area, because I have not gone to any, but I cannot say enough good things about my experiences with Nick and the whole staff at the Dragon academy. My only regret is that I did not start taking Krav classes sooner. On the web site there is a coupon for a trial week.

swhiteh3

Insane_Irish-
    Where are you located?

I’ve known Paul, and trained with him (first alongside, now training under him) for years. He’s marvelous to work with. I’m currently trainging at KM Detroit with Paul and Zac.

Drop me a note at swhiteh3*at*ford*dot*com….

Scott

spycop

I have been going to Dragon Academy in Livonia and it is a short drive from my AO and so far it has been great. Nick and Greg are very patient with newbee’s like myself and two LE buddies I brought with me. I have noticed since I have been getting beat up two days a week my stress level has gone down and my fitness level is improving. All those years working undercover and riding a desk have packed on the pounds.

My only caveat to the training is I felt that I should have began training prior to joining. I find that I am more concerned with getting through the warm up and it takes away from the training. Time will tell.

jkabel

Re: Detroit Reviews?

I have trained in novi since mar 2010. Mike Berean is a great instructor he taught me everything I know. Am 50 and in the best shape of my life because of the training and hard work.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: