Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Differences between bullet wounds and knife wounds

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Trauma

About the poisoned bullets……It is make believe. I believe the Commies tried it in the 50’s with generally poor results. Darts and needles seem to do a much better job of introducing toxins into the body.

As to the bullet bouncing off of you…..Yes, it could happen. It’s called physics. (I thought the Germans had a good educational system…….Hmmmm, chalk one up for the Los Angeles Unified School District!!!) As the projectile leaves the barrel, it is subjected to gravity and friction. this causes the round to slow down and fall as it moves through and meets resistance from the atmosphere. Oddly enough, I have seen this twice. the first time was in combat in Iraq where my Major took one to the chin (literally!!). No big deal, I pulled the 7.62 bullet out with a Leatherman Tool after we were done killing all of the Fedayeen assholes in the area. I think he had a necklace made out of it when we got home. I have also seen a person peppered by birdshot from a shotgun. The birdshot had lost most of it’s energy by the time it reached the victim (about 50 yards or so) and just bounced off of the victims jacket.

Hope this was helpful

giant-killer

Birdshot, huh? Have you been hunting with Cheney? 🙂

Too bad about the poisoned bullets. They could make a fun weapon, although not quite as fun as poisoned Sushi.

That bullet bounce experiment sounds like something they could try in the next \”Jackass\” movie. Have Johnny stand there and see if they can hit him from the right distance…

Trauma

Not to get too political, but I’d rather hunt with Dick than drive with Teddy!!! 😈

giant-killer

Hmmm, that’s a toss up. If I can be Teddy’s designated driver, I’d take the ride and avoid the flying ammo to my face… 8)

clfmak

Re: Trauma

quote \”Jeremy Stafford\:

Not to get too political, but I’d rather hunt with Dick than drive with Teddy!!! 😈

\”Not to get political\” tends to be one of the most insincere phrases being tossed around.

kravjeff

Jeremy – Thank you for your service

giant-killer

Yes, and thanks for the informative posts, too.

You’re welcome on both counts.

Stay safe.
    Jeremy

giant-killer

Jeremy,

Are you training at the NTC? You should check out Mitch Tavera’s class Wednesdays 5:45pm. There are some police and military guys there ususally. Those and one crazy doctor who never follows directions. But let’s not talk about him… 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: