Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Different choke defense

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    freelancer

Got this off the Crossfit site. http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitJournal_BlauerChokeDefensePre.wmv

Without commenting on the effectiveness I found it interesting that he mentions the natural reaction of the body to go to the throat but then goes away from the natural reaction to something as he said you have to “think” about.

Again I’m not making judgements about his particular style just that the simplicity of instinctual response of Krav Maga’s movements are not only a testamony to it’s popularity but it’s effectiveness.

freelancer

Re: Different choke defense

Well in my ignorance I was thinking more about a plucking defense where this video is up against a wall and the use of choke with a push type defense would be used.

garddawg

Tony is a friend of mine. His stuff in general is very, very good, There seems to be a disconnect here. I would like to hear him explain this.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I really enjoyed how he articulated the technique and it’s concepts. He does seem like a very well spoken instructor. As far as the technique itself to each their own, you do what you know until you know something better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: