Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics different krav groups

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    blokrocbet

What are the diffrent krav groups? Im mean like KMWW, moreover what are the diffrences?

sdkraver

Re: different krav groups

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread and many others

ericajow

Adding onto that … what can anyone tell me anything about Krav Maga Federation? My cousin lives in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming (near Casper), and there’s a McDojo near her that offers KM … under the Krav Maga Federation affiliation. Does anyone know anything about that? I told her to give it a try and see how she likes it, but told her upfront that I couldn’t vouch for it, as it wasn’t the same organization that I’m involved of and I hadn’t heard of KM Fed before. I’m sure it’s probably fine, I just have no knowledge of it. Anybody? 🙂

kior

The biggest are:

KMWW – The guys who run this forum. Darren Levine is head instructor.
    IKMF – Internal Krav Maga Federation. Eyal Yanilov is head instructor.
    IKMA -Israeli krav maga association. Haim Gidon is head instructor.

From what I’ve seen the material is very similar although there are differences in syllabus, organisation, elements of certain techniques and teaching styles, there’s plenty of threads here which cover this. IKMF and KMWW used to collaborate and there are some instructional films with Eyal and Darren both in them.

kior

quote Ericajow:

Adding onto that … what can anyone tell me anything about Krav Maga Federation? My cousin lives in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming (near Casper), and there’s a McDojo near her that offers KM … under the Krav Maga Federation affiliation. Does anyone know anything about that? I told her to give it a try and see how she likes it, but told her upfront that I couldn’t vouch for it, as it wasn’t the same organization that I’m involved of and I hadn’t heard of KM Fed before. I’m sure it’s probably fine, I just have no knowledge of it. Anybody? 🙂

KMF are legit I would say. I went to check out a class in NYC (I’m working here, usually train with IKMF in London) and all the material was stuff I’d seen before although taught somewhat differently. They had a fierce female instructor featured in the Fight Quest episode on KM.

ericajow

Thanks Kior!!! 🙂 Good to know.

blokrocbet

Thanks for all your input and sorry about the elementry question im new and i want to soak in as much as i can.

The KMF was established under Haim Zut, legitimately one of the early students under Imi. I don’t know any of the reasons for the forming of his own org.

Now their most well known instructor seems to be Rhon Mizrachi. I don’t know him, but I have spoken to Dror Bikel their president on a number of occassions. I like him; friendly, practical and based on our discussions, I believe they’re true Kravists at heart. I think Rhon’s school is in NYC area, not sure where. You can google him and see LOTS of stuff about him though.

kior

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

The KMF was established under Haim Zut, legitimately one of the early students under Imi. I don’t know any of the reasons for the forming of his own org.

Now their most well known instructor seems to be Rhon Mizrachi. I

Here’s a fun video of him done for Men’s Vogue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: