Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Different Krav Maga techniques?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    santin

Hallo! I have been training Krav Maga in my police force and I have seen the dvd:s Ultimate Krav Maga. Very good dvd:s. I also seen the Krav Maga instructor Mr Nir Mamans training dvd:s The Israeli connection, he has a lot of different technicues then the Krav Maga I have been training and seen before in Krav Maga. He shows different Krav Maga techniques which may be used by special forces in Israel?. Or has he by himself put new technicues in the Dvd:s?. The dvd:s are very good.

joseph-kor

Re: Different Krav Maga techniques?

I would recommend doing a search up on any KM instructor Bio and validating its authenticity beforehand.

With that said, from what i know he does have a background(or still is) in teaching and instructing various military combatants in domestic assaults,hand to hand combat and so forth.

it’s also important to keep in mind that KM has many versions of it especially in connection to military affiliations. I’m not an expert regarding the actual curriculum, and i’ve got no idea what the official instructers of the idf teach abroad, but it is well known that for instance, special forces – all use a different curriculum that is relevant to their type of missions.

catapult

Nir’s the real deal. Lead instructor for the counter-terrorism division of the IDF, etc.

His DVDs show some stuff that isn’t in the normal civilian KM curriculum — killing a guy by snapping his neck, etc. But he emphasizes that you should judge how much force is needed. Extreme force might be needed if you and your family are being attacked by a bunch of bad guys and you need to quickly put the one you’re fighting down so you can get to the others and defend your family.

But he’s not some psycho killer. On the interview CD included with the DVDs, he tells a story about when he was in a crowded bar and some guys were looking for a fight. He ducked down and crawled between people’s legs to get to the door.

eli

Yeah this stuff is subjective, but Nir is generally considered to be gtg.

His ground defense, in particular, is refreshingly vicious and to-the-point.
    I think Donavan posted a video on kravtalk recently that goes into it in some detail…

Also this may or may not matter to you, but unlike some instructors (**cough**Eyal**cough**) who can ramble and get hard to understand, Nir is straightforward, speaks practically native English, and is BS free.

Best,
    -Eli

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: