Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Do the general excercises found in Krav put weight on you?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am talking about the throws, kicks, jogging, burpies, pushups, etc. I would imagine that things are done somewhat differently in each class, but I am trying to hit a target weight right now through diet only and I am pretty much there. I know that muscle weighs more than fat and know that I can drop weight more quickly without adding muscle. I know that is not necessarily the right way to do it, but it is a WAY to do it.

I don’t want to build muscle right now since I am so close to target and have been able to lose weight quickly by doing things this way.

I already know that I will burn more fat simply by having muscle mass and excercising.

I just want to hit a target weight and build from there and if the above activities don’t build muscle I might get there sooner.

Thanks

Re: Do the general excercises found in Krav put weight on you?

There’s a difference between building efficient muscle and increasing muscle mass. I’d say that more often than not, Krav is not going to make you gain weight. Just continue to eat healthy and don’t do radical diets. Also realize that dieting causes you to gain weight after you come off of it. Change your eating habits to include less of the tasty stuff at one time and more of the veggies and fruits. You still get to eat things you like, just less of it at one time.

kmyoshi

For me I’ve actually been eating healthier (a lot more vegetables in my ‘diet’) and I’ve gained weight. Not so much muscle mass but as TacticalTimmy said, much more efficient muscles. I’m actually glad as I have a hard time gaining weight and keeping it on.

mdeaneuscg

I think that if you are already in good shape, you won’t see as much of a difference. I was about 170 when I started Krav in May of ’10. I’m now 185, but I wasn’t very muscular when I started. I was somewhat athletic, but not in the shape I needed to be in. I’ve pretty much stopped gaining weight now, and I stay between 180-185. I’m also 6’2″, so I figure that’s about my ideal weight anyway

stuartf

I’m another one that has trouble gaining weight, I’m 6’1 and before I started krav I’d never weighed over 151lbs in my life. When I started I was at 142 which is borderline underweight for my height. A year in I’m up to 158, but that’s come with eating a lot more than I did when I wasn’t training (which is easier due to training, and slowly increasing the amount that I eat per day). If you’re not exercising now and you keep your same diet when you start doing krav you will drop weight like crazy.

falldown09

If you’re building more muscle than yes because lean muscle weighs more than fat, but if you’re eating more calories than you can burn off that also “puts more weight on you.”

falldown09

If you lose weight too quickly there’s more chance of losing some lean muscle as well, which is not good for your overall body composition. For instance if you wanted to drop 5-10lbs in a week and you ran about 10 miles a day. You’d get there quickly but you’d be burning muscle as well as fat since cardio tends to be catabolic. Try a slow cut, eat about 500 calories below maintenance and do a lot of resistance training, preferably with heavy weights that force your muscles to really work that way it’ll stimulate them and give your body signals to preserve your lean muscle mass. Also get about 1.5g protein per lb of lean body mass, about .45-.60g of fat per pound of total body weight and the rest of your calories can come from carbs. It’s slower to cut weight this way but you’ll look way better when you finally get there.

unstpabl1

exercise does not necessarily cause you to lose weight or gain it….Calorie deficit causes lose…added calories gain…..when you workout anaerobically as in krav you may find your apetite grows and your not burning fat

A 250 lb bodybuilder decided to do MT as he wanted to cut down. Much to his dismay he gained weight…i did as well in the same period both of us were suprised. we were both famished after training and our caloric intake went up

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: