Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mordechai

We had a new student in class last night who kept saying that a lot of what the Israeli systems looks like to him is what Duane Dieter is teaching. I had no idea who Duane Dieter is/was, but evidently he has the contract now to do the hand to hand with Naval Special Warfare. Anybody know anything about him and his system?

clfmak

I’ve read a little about Duane Dieter through Masters Of Defense knives. They make some of the best carry knives on the market (up there with Cold Steel). They’re also expensive. Anyway, Duane Dieter founded Close Quarters Defense (CQD). Other than that, I don’t know much. I can tell you that they work with knives, and I believe close quarters firearms. Its not surprising that his system is similar- real violence unfolds in ways that dictate certain tactics that are easilly retained and utilized. Pretty much every modern \”reality based\” system emphasizes raising the hands to protect the head and then driving forward with strikes like palms and elbows until there is no more threat.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: