Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Eastern Promises fight scene

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    karnos

Hello everybody.

I’m a huge David Cronenberg fan, I have almost all of his movies on DVD.

That said, I was wondering if anybody knew what fighting style is being used in the fighting scene in Eastern Promises. I’ve never been on a street fight (fortunately, and hope never will) so I gather this scene is one of the most real fighting scenes in a movie; no choreography or clean men, by the end of the scene two men are dead and the good guy is wasted beyond repair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re37IVYO_MY

So, is Viggo Mortensen using a particular fighting style? Or is this just random stuff he picked from the streets and prison?

magamike

Re: Eastern Promises fight scene

I love how he has to fight naked. I’ve always thought that would feel so horribly vulnerable. It gave a strange sense of tension and horror to the scene – beyond the fighting itself.

Now that I know what Krav is, I think that the scene in the original Rambo (first blood) when he escapes from jail uses quite a lot of Krav movements (elbow strikes followed by repetitive knee strikes, etc.). I just saw this on TV the other day and I was thinking “hey, that’s what we do!”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: