Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Elevation Training Mask

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kmyoshi

Simulates high elevation to make your lungs work harder to condition them. I bought mine but haven’t taken them with me to train yet. I think I need a head strap because it falls off and I’m sure moving around in it will make it even worse. Anyone else using this? I’m worried I’ll gas out from just doing focus mitt warmups :Surprised: but gotta start somewhere!

http://www.trainingmask.com/

dangerousdon

Re: Elevation Training Mask

I know some guys who are over in Afghanistan right now who use a type of Elevation Training Mask. The mask has mixed reviews by the guys I know. Probably not much help, sorry.

kmyoshi

As an update, I started running with the mask and I feel it makes a difference. I will start using it while on the heavy bag and eventually move to focus mitt drills. I sound like Darth Vader though because when you breathe, the air moves through the capsules and it sounds a bit obnoxious IMO. When I was running around the block, a 4 year old kid said to his grandmother, “look a monster!”

catapult

I don’t have a personal opinion but some “experts” say these masks are counterproductive. They advocate “living high and training low.” With the mask, you are doing the opposite, “living low and training high.” I know from personal experience that getting used to high altitude just happens from being there for a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altitude_training

aikan50

I am impress with this information you posted and by the way you got a good looking

site. I like your good work.

pgreen71

I stumbled upon those here, but I think they are the same thing. I got one for Xmas, so it’s too soon to see if they work, but you can feel the resistance in air flow right away.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: