Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge ESPN Story On Real Fight Clubs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    la-revancha

This will probably go bad somehow, but I had to share:

http://www.chuckpalahniuk.net/news/espn-story-real-fight-clubs

Kind of looks like an RHEK class. Chuck’s new book comes out this month, too. Can’t wait.

Am I morally questionable for seeing some good ideas for drills here?

One last observation: they also have a frozen veggie bag!

Discuss.

mara-jade

Re: ESPN Story On Real Fight Clubs

Um..ok..The chair throwing – I see WWE and TNA represented rofl2

I pay a monthly fee for my center to beat up and would they think I’m not normal? Um – whatever. The use of common household objects. Ok, it MIGHT happen if someone got into my house. I fully intend to run LIKE hell unless I have to defend myself. Avoid the danger if at all possible is what I remember.

These guys need another hobby. Ok Rev – I don’t even wanna know what drills you’re thinking of. Now the one I saw with the knives (stabbed multiple times) would be good since if someone wanted to stab me, it probably wouldn’t be ONE time.

la-revancha

quote mara_jade:

Ok Rev – I don’t even wanna know what drills you’re thinking of.

Dust buster defense, two-hand cupping.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Now that was funny

blindfold

I tell yeah what. That was a funny story. That sorta made my morning.

I’m going out to buy my no name brand frozen white corn that can fix the side of your face when it gets smashed in. I’m also going to pick up some of the bubble gum that closes bullet holes/stab wounds.

Funny

leejam99

um…i think they forgot the 1st rule….

mara-jade

quote La Revancha:

Dust buster defense, two-hand cupping.

Sweet!

nixxon

What else kind of whacky weapons can these guys come up with? BBQ’s, childrens dolls, phone books?

Please tell me how to defend against a purse filled with shot lead?

I’m going to say stick defense.

no-mercy

Just one thing to say …. Idiots!

clfmak

One of the guys (Gints) is a Dog Brother and kempo instructor.

quote No Mercy:

Just one thing to say …. Idiots!

Hater

jburtonpdx

Geeks need love to… Those guys are cool, I remember seeing something about those guys a few years ago.

tchort64

That is geek idiocy at its best . None of those turds can fight .:chair:

bracius

I can relate to these guys. For years I have looked out my office window thinking that mankind is not meant to spend 23 hours inside (one hour for commuting). We are hunters, farmers, and builders. We are an active species. Our physical makeup is not meant for a 12 hour day in front of the computer.

We eat nutrient dead food we eat from the super market and we gooble fast food but eating healthy is, some how, beyond our means. We can sit their and drink a liter of cola in an hour but god forbid we drink a liter of water. We can somehow justify watching TV for four hours but a 15 minute work out is a flipping act of congress for some people.

Our bodies our revolting. Our bodies are telling us to change our course. Strokes, Heart Disease, High blood pressure, nausea, etc. With the exception of a few, we are pretty much ignoring who we are. Instead we surrender to our vices of gluttony and procrastination.

So yeah….I can relate to these fight club people. Maybe not the best way of going about things but they have the right motto.

satilan

LoL
    Good sharing Rev.
    I really liked the keyboard fight, how the little keys were sent flying out from the keyboard with every hit… LoL… I work a 40 hour/week job in front of the computer and at the same time am a full-time student of COMPUTER SCIENCE. Although I love the subject, I sometimes feel like passing the keyboard straight through my professor’s face… LOL.

Other than that, these guys are complete idiots. I mean, putting yourself at risk of injury to feel manly?! WTF! -There are a million ways to feel manly w/o having to risk it all… hunting, fishing, shooting practicing MAs, running, even watching sports. Plus, that’s no anywhere close to why I like KM and some of you would say “what about MMA/UFC guys?” – well, at least these idiots get paid.

nixxon

I was all for it till I saw the dust busters and the purses.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: