Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    brotherobin
    nancypants

I have them and love them, but I find that they wear out fairly quickly. I don’t like them for punching pads (I tend to graze the exposed knuckles a little), but they’re perfect for under focus mitts or boxing gloves.

brotherobin

Thanks… i’ll give ’em a shot.

usnavy-233

I’ve never used them myself but I’ve heard from a few people that the do wear out very quickly. Let us know what you think once you try them out for a while.

lumpy

Evergel Gloves

Bought them. Used them one time. Tore the knuckles out of them. Took them back and bought Century training gloves. They expecially do not hold up well to palm strikes and hammer strikes. The neoprene tears instantly. I have been very happy with the Centry training gloves. For lack of not remembering the model name, they are the ones with individual fingers. The palm support takes getting used to; however, they are great gloves. I bought them at GART sports. If in your area.

nancypants

Are those the ones that have the bar in the palm? I have a pair of those as well and like them, but I took a seam ripper to the bar and took it out because it drove me nuts.

lumpy

Evergel Gloves

Yes, those are the ones. I didn’t think about taking the bar our with a seam ripper. I’ll try that, thanks. Makes it hard to hold a jumprope, palm strike and do pushups.

nancypants

It’s very easy – the material that holds the bar onto the glove is completely separate from the glove itself, so after you remove it you’ve just got plain glove underneath and not a big hole or an uneven patch of material (which I was a little worried about!).

brotherobin

How do they (if you tried) work as wrap replacements under gloves? I was planning on using them for a quicker alternative to hand wraps.

nancypants

The Century ones? They’re not bad, but sometimes it feels like a tight fit and they get a little uncomfortable (to me). That’s why I use those for punching tombstones (so that I have my fingers free and can switch back and forth without having to take them off) and the evergel ones under my \”real\” gloves for fight class.

Edit: Wait, I think I understand the question – I use the evergel ones instead of wraps under my boxing gloves because I’m lazy and can pull them on and off quickly.

lumpy

Evergel Gloves

Actually, when I was on my way yo take the Evergels back to the store, I read where they were supposed to be used for underglove support. However, the fine print still said they could be used stand alone, so I didn’t feel I was cheating anyone by returning them…

brotherobin

Well, i got my package in the mail today. Apparently during the shipping process, my Evergel gloves mysteriously morphed into 3 pairs of size 6 \”Kung Fu Shoes\” 🙄 Needless to say i’m a little upset. Anyway, i sent them an email requesting a prepaid return slip and my REAL order by the first of the month. So… here’s lookin’ forward (again) to trying them out.

brotherobin

Well, here’s MY review… as handwrap replacements, they suck. Way too tight inside the gloves.

clfmak

I was at Sportmart the other day buying some standard wraps, and I looked at the Evergels. Somehow, I got to talking to another guy in the section, and it turns out he’s a boxer at a local gym. I asked him if he had ever tried the evergel ones. he said they’re okay, but they wear out fast, and don’t really work too well for use as bag gloves.

The black century bag gloves with the fingers and the bar are quite good. They last a long time, and have ruined me for the ten dollar mitten kind. Recently I started wearing them with wraps on underneath. The wraps take up space and make that velcro wrap on the bag gloves work. They make another type of glove without the bar that you might like:
    http://www.cjmas.com/cenmma.html

On a random side note, those kung fu shoes (the black kind with the orange bottom) aren’t good for anything. Not even kung fu. They aren’t even good for lounging.

A friend of mine is getting me a pair of sap gloves that I’m going to try out as bag gloves.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: