Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Excellent Class

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Well last night we had a smaller than usual class, I guess folk’s are already in Vacation mode for the 4th. First Ryan puts us through the warm-up, drills, combatives, etc. Then for the 2nd hour he shares his “Pre-Contact” clues / “Action Triggers” / then the “PUNCH of your LIFE”, so I’m thinking to myself this is gonna be good!!! Well as in true fashion it was an excellent class. Ryan shares a story about himself & what he notices during a possible situation that could possibly lead to an all out fight. The stance / position of the attacker (s), their hand movement or placement, changing voice levels, eye movement, the space or area of the room, scanning for possible weapons, etc. OMG I’m happy if I just pick up one of these pre-contact clues or tells. Then he shows us hand placement of how we would LURE said attacker in for a surprise punch. You ask them a question “I’m sorry I didn’t hear what you said” and when they lean in & begin to restate their verbage (when their jaw is open / unlocked to speak) you HOOK punch the attacker or thats my favorite punch of choice. Now thats just SNEAKY, but hey if it works & let’s you get out of a situation to go home SAFE, well I’m all in!!! I just wanted to share this with others here & to see if you have a special class that you really felt like it opened your eyes about a particular situation or movement from your instructors. I feel that this one small piece of the self defense puzzle / “What to do” when this is about to happen could be a SEMINAR!!! PROPS to Ryan for always giving us an EXCELLENT class & I always enjoy any story that you share with us. I’m no expert (far from it) & have only been training in KM for a year & 1/2, but Ryan & everyone @ RHEK, these little moments such as last nights class is what keeps me motivated to keep me coming back for more. I consider myself very LUCKY to have you as my Instructor & Friend. You guy’s ROCK!!!:woohoo:

stevetuna

Re: Excellent Class

One of the greatest things about Ryan Hoover is the way that he keeps everything that he does based in reality. It’s really cool to see that you appreciate having the opportunity to learn from him on a weekly basis, Dave. I’m always looking for an excuse to fly to Charlotte to attend anything he’s teaching. He always makes me better than I was.

And, yes, btw, I am jealous!

paul

i am sorry i missed class. we drove up from Atlanta and i just didnt make it in time.
    besides after 2 weeks off, that first class i going to hurt

mara-jade

Oh man – sounds like you had a kick a$$ time – Ryan’s a great instructor:wav:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: