Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Excellent time we had this week!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Hubby and I had an awesome time at Pete’s Place this week. There was a Home Invasion Seminar and we’d been itching to go to this since Pete opened up the range. We first took the Intro to Handgun earlier in the week.

It starts from ground 0 assuming you know nothing about using a gun. You’re shown proper stance, parts of the gun to how to safely load your gun and into shooting. They’re using airsoft guns but with the bb’s and the gas, it’s still got the weight and the kick of the a real gun. For me, it took me a little bit only cause the Beretta was a bit big for my hands to get around, but it worked out pretty well.

Today was really fun – it was a small group, which was perfect so there was enough time for instruction and hands on. There was review of what we learned in the intro class. After doing shooting, 1/2 of us put on additional protective clothing (body, head, neck) so we all got to feel what it was like to be shot at. Don’t think those little bbs DON’T HURT. Anyone that tells you no is a liar – hubby got it good from Brad when he was using him as a demo – dang, those welts..yikes.:OhMy:

Anyway, from there we went to one of the other training rooms to get more space to learn gun disarms – today was defenses against gun from the front and back. For you newbies – weapons defenses are level 4 techniques but hubby and I have been here a while so it was great review.

From there we went to the apartment where 4 at a time participated in mock attacks – we all wore protective clothing and gear and we all got to experience being attacker and defender. The scenarios – very real!! One I was in my bed with my gun next to me. Well, dangit – I thought the safety was off but in the moment – I couldn’t shoot and by the time I realized it, the attacker was on me!! So, my attacker got a nice kick to the face.. OMG – my shock when I saw it was hubby I kicked.

Another time I was the attacker and had my gun disarmed. Another time my gal partner and I got to blow a bad guy away. Hubby as defender ended up getting shot as when getting his gun out of hiding place, something caught and the magazine fell out..dang..:OhMy:

I gotta say, just because you have a gun doesn’t mean all you gotta do is point and shoot. You gotta know when to shoot, when to defend and possibly you may have to comply. The class went a little over the original time but who friggin cares – we had a blast. Hubby though – got some bigtime welts from those little pellets, even got shot in the hand. Brad told us they’re looking to have more of these so who knows what scenarios they’ll come up with.

This was my first time ever getting attacked in the mock apartment. Usually hubby and I are helping in seminars. I was friggin scared – having the door knocked down and having only seconds to think…holy crap.

To any San Antonio compadres out there – get out there and take it. The intro class is only $30 and I think the Home Invasion was $75 or $100 – don’t remember offhand. We had such an awesome time – thanks to Brad and his assistant Ryan for the kick butt time:woohoo::woohoo:

Re: Excellent time we had this week!

quote mara_jade:

Hubby and I had an awesome time at Pete’s Place this week. There was a Home Invasion Seminar and we’d been itching to go to this since Pete opened up the range. We first took the Intro to Handgun earlier in the week.

It starts from ground 0 assuming you know nothing about using a gun. You’re shown proper stance, parts of the gun to how to safely load your gun and into shooting. They’re using airsoft guns but with the bb’s and the gas, it’s still got the weight and the kick of the a real gun. For me, it took me a little bit only cause the Beretta was a bit big for my hands to get around, but it worked out pretty well.

Today was really fun – it was a small group, which was perfect so there was enough time for instruction and hands on. There was review of what we learned in the intro class. After doing shooting, 1/2 of us put on additional protective clothing (body, head, neck) so we all got to feel what it was like to be shot at. Don’t think those little bbs DON’T HURT. Anyone that tells you no is a liar – hubby got it good from Brad when he was using him as a demo – dang, those welts..yikes.:OhMy:

Anyway, from there we went to one of the other training rooms to get more space to learn gun disarms – today was defenses against gun from the front and back. For you newbies – weapons defenses are level 4 techniques but hubby and I have been here a while so it was great review.

From there we went to the apartment where 4 at a time participated in mock attacks – we all wore protective clothing and gear and we all got to experience being attacker and defender. The scenarios – very real!! One I was in my bed with my gun next to me. Well, dangit – I thought the safety was off but in the moment – I couldn’t shoot and by the time I realized it, the attacker was on me!! So, my attacker got a nice kick to the face.. OMG – my shock when I saw it was hubby I kicked.

Another time I was the attacker and had my gun disarmed. Another time my gal partner and I got to blow a bad guy away. Hubby as defender ended up getting shot as when getting his gun out of hiding place, something caught and the magazine fell out..dang..:OhMy:

I gotta say, just because you have a gun doesn’t mean all you gotta do is point and shoot. You gotta know when to shoot, when to defend and possibly you may have to comply. The class went a little over the original time but who friggin cares – we had a blast. Hubby though – got some bigtime welts from those little pellets, even got shot in the hand. Brad told us they’re looking to have more of these so who knows what scenarios they’ll come up with.

This was my first time ever getting attacked in the mock apartment. Usually hubby and I are helping in seminars. I was friggin scared – having the door knocked down and having only seconds to think…holy crap.

To any San Antonio compadres out there – get out there and take it. The intro class is only $30 and I think the Home Invasion was $75 or $100 – don’t remember offhand. We had such an awesome time – thanks to Brad and his assistant Ryan for the kick butt time:woohoo::woohoo:

Wow MJ, sounds like you had some FUN & great training all in one!!! I would LOVE to take a home invasion class.thumbsup

saruotoko

Mara, that post is why no one here likes you. We ALL don’t have access to apartment mock-ups, and aircraft seating sections in a mock-up, ya know! 😉

Mario

mara-jade

Awwww… Oh wait Mario..only YOU said you hated merofl2rofl2

You can get here you know – be great to meet ya:D:

Did I forget to mention we’re having our first family Home Invasion seminar next month (july 18th)? As Les explained it

‘It is a growing trend where if the child is grabbed first then the parents will do what ever to get their child back. We are showing people tips and techniques to keep this horrible thing from happening to you or your loved ones’

Dave – Yeah, Pete’s Place rocksthumbsup

kirsten

Wow. Where is the statistics on that!? Crap… that’s a scary thought!! My kids will each have their own Mossberg, purple for her, blue for him!

mara-jade

Les would know better than I. We have had several Amber Alerts here in Texas recently.

kirsten

I don’t know who he is, perhaps if you get a chance could you ask him to post them here. I have been looking for statistics on home invasion, but the FBI does not track them. They only track burg’s and those are different- the internet info gets the two terribly confused and the data is skewed.

Thats scary MJ, were the Amber Alerts true stranger abductions or family custody abductions? I get our sent to my cell and encourage everyone to do the same…you just never know. It is very easy to do. Here is the link to get it. http://www.amberalert.gov/wireless.htm

mara-jade

Oh sorry – Les is Leslie. I don’t even know if she comes here to be honest – never asked

I remember one a child was kidnapped by their neighbor, another was family related. It’s been a mix – really sad when children are involved.

Didn’t even know you could get those on your cell phone. As soon as an Amber Alert in TX goes up, all our transguide signs along the highway light up with the child’s description, where it happened and license plate of vehicle if it’s known.

michaelmall

Yes airsoft hurts but is better paintball at close range.
    I am glad that you guy’s are doing things like this.
    I truly believe that if more people would attend these
    seminars alot of this crap would stop.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: