Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Faber vs Pulver tonight

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    freelancer

Been looking forward to this fight all week. This one should be a good one. Both these guys are great fighters with lots of explosiveness. This will be Faber’s biggest challenge to date.

VS channel 21:00 EST.

stevetuna

Re: Faber vs Pulver tonight

Agreed. I can’t wait!

gp

There’s also that Bantamweight fight between Torres and Maeda as well… should be entertaining…

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

tiVo – locked and loaded

russell

i hope it’s better than elite xc!

I was hoping for something a little more explosive, Pulver didn’t seem to be as aggressive as thought and battle w/two guys like that going all 5 rounds and into decision is not what you are waiting for.
    I was waiting for the big KO or atleast a killer choke submission.

quote russell:

I hope it’s better than elite xc!

That’s for sure…and Kimbo Slice was definately overrated and given that fight.
    If it wasn’t called he would have fallen over in a another few seconds, and I don’t think that other dude was out of the fight at all.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I’m confused, just got this off the VS website

In a Featherweight Title Fight, current WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber, The California Kid , (19-1) takes on his toughest opponent yet, Jeff Curran, a veteran of MMA competition with an impressive 28-8-1 record. Doug Marshall (6-2) defends his Light Heavyweight title against Cuba’s own Ariel Gandulla (4-0). Paulo Filho (15-0) returns to the Cage to continue his reign as middleweight champion against Chael Sonnen. Also, former UFC Champion Jens Lil Evil Pulver (21-8-1) makes his long awaited WEC debut at 145 lbs against Cub Swanson (11-1).

I guess it’s a typo

gp

I thought the Featherweight title fight was awesome! It would have been great to see a knockout or a submission win but those two guys were just too tough to let it end early. Pulver has one of the toughest chins I’ve seen. Faber rocked him continuously but he withstood that and fought back. Their ground games were solid so they basically neutralized each other out when they took it to the mat.

That Bantamweight title fight was also action packed. I see them doing a rematch in the future.

unstpabl1

I think of this everytime I hear abut Faber. I know I posted it here before a long time ago but couldn’t find it. It’s a interview of Faber talking about a Bar fight he almost got killed in, in Bali. How a trained MMA guy survived a single confrontation that got way outta control. You get the feeling if he hadn’t had the training and conditioning he wouldn’t have made. Good story either way. Takes a few seconds to start the story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOQLg7Kc8So

freelancer

Everything I was hoping it would be. Pulver is one tough cookie. Faber is a great example of never stopping. No matter what position he’s in he’s always throwing some sort of strike.

The bantam weight championship was a trip. Kind of sloppy but that was non-stop action. Fight called by the doctor due to a damaged/swollen eye.

quote CJs Dad:

I’m confused, just got this off the VS website

In a Featherweight Title Fight, current WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber, The California Kid , (19-1) takes on his toughest opponent yet, Jeff Curran, a veteran of MMA competition with an impressive 28-8-1 record. Doug Marshall (6-2) defends his Light Heavyweight title against Cuba’s own Ariel Gandulla (4-0). Paulo Filho (15-0) returns to the Cage to continue his reign as middleweight champion against Chael Sonnen. Also, former UFC Champion Jens Lil Evil Pulver (21-8-1) makes his long awaited WEC debut at 145 lbs against Cub Swanson (11-1).

I guess it’s a typo

Hey Sean,
    That was the last card, the one that set this match up.

zen4me

quote Snake Eyes 88 USMC:

That’s for sure…and Kimbo Slice was definately overrated and given that fight. If it wasn’t called he would have fallen over in a another few seconds, and I don’t think that other dude was out of the fight at all.

Kimbo looked ready to keel over after the fight, but I must say he was giving the other dude (Thompson?) a definite pounding. That guy took quite a few on the jaw, it just sucks that they ended it as they did. Hilarious though that he took a swing at the ref after he stopped the fight, while Kimbo collapsed to the mat.

russell

quote Snake Eyes 88 USMC:

I was hoping for something a little more explosive, Pulver didn’t seem to be as aggressive as thought and battle w/two guys like that going all 5 rounds and into decision is not what you are waiting for.
    I was waiting for the big KO or atleast a killer choke submission.

That’s for sure…and Kimbo Slice was definately overrated and given that fight.
    If it wasn’t called he would have fallen over in a another few seconds, and I don’t think that other dude was out of the fight at all.

i posted on another website that” if i wanted to see a fixed fight i would watch pro wrestling” i had high hopes for that “event” and all hopes were shattered! the only 2 matches on that show that were any good were carano/young (those chicks were the tough!) and the lawler match(the fight was good but the ref and dr were morons he had time and wanted to use it but they called it off) i cant wait till the rematch i hope it’s on free tv!

as for kimbo he has heavy hand’s and a strong chin but zero ground skills and no cardio (BUT I STILL WOULDN’T WANT TO MEET HIM IN A DARK ALLEY!!!) he’s training with bas rutten(who has all the respect i can give any man) but he(kimbo) has a long way to go to be the face of mma (like elite xc want’s him to be)

just my opinion (and you know what i say about opinions…they are like hemroids…sooner or later every asshole has one!)

russell

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: