Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

What kind of food are people eating before class?
    Good food for maximising your bodies potential (Grocery store only food, not the unatainable nutrition food store stuff that cost more than rent to buy)

Food.
    Portions.
    How long before.

After?

kmcat

Re: Fight Food?

For my hardest combination of classes, which is Saturday morning KM Fitness at 8:30 am followed by KM Self Defense at 9:45 am I usually have the following for breakfast about 30 minutes to 60 minutes before class:

* Peanut Butter Sandwitch

* 8 oz cup of Orange Juice

* Water

* 1 cup of coffee (gots to have my coffee on Sat. morn).

I tend to eat light just before classes and workouts. I try to take in some protien type things afterward (nuts, or like tonight a left over grilled lean hamburger from Monday’s cookout) and possibly something like a bottle of gatorate.

Lately I’ve been experiementing with trying to come up with “homemade” gatorade. I’ve been taking a 32 oz nalgeen bottle and doing a sugar free lemonade drink mix and a 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt (sea salt has lots of extra minerals). It takes exactly like gatorate but is sugar free.

zen4me

quote Snake Eyes 88 USMC:

What kind of food are people eating before class?
    Good food for maximising your bodies potential (Grocery store only food, not the unatainable nutrition food store stuff that cost more than rent to buy)

Food.
    Portions.
    How long before.

After?

Before class, I don’t usually eat anything unless I’m doing multiple classes – then I go with a half of a pb&j on multigrain bread or a couple fig newtons (fig newmans are better btw). No later than 30 mins prior to class – otherwise the gut doesn’t have time to start processing.

During class, drink tons of water. Try to stay away from bottled gatorade as it has HFCS, if you like gatorade buy the powder and pre-mix as it uses dextrose which is easier on your body. Or do what KMCat suggested, personally haven’t tried that route but sounds interesting.

After class, I’ve been on a chicken taco kick lately. Super easy to make if you are like me and dead tired by the time you get home: 1 Rotisserie chicken, couple corn tortilla’s, some black beans, medium or hot salsa. Gives the right blend of post workout carbs and protein without sitting heavily on the tummy.

nixxon

Handful of nuts and some small pieces of fruit. This is usually 1hr to 45mins before BJJ or Krav and usually working out as well.

I really have a hard time with proteins before physical activites.

And before anyone says anything, yes I’m aware nuts have protein. I’m speaking of “protein” foods like milk, protein powder, meats etc.

unstpabl1

My fight food always involves beer. Seems I usually have a beer in hand when SHTF. So the way I look at it “Train the way you fight”thumbsup

nixxon

quote unstpabl1:

My fight food always involves beer. Seems I usually have a beer in hand when SHTF. So the way I look at it “Train the way you fight”thumbsup

If I end up drinking Jager my night usually ends up with me suspiciously eyeing anyone who looks threatening. Which from the other end probably looks like I want to fight. So I guess Jager is my fight sauce if we’re talking about it like that.

So good… once it hits your lips….

unstpabl1

quote Nixxon:

If I end up drinking Jager my night usually ends up with me suspiciously eyeing anyone who looks threatening. Which from the other end probably looks like I want to fight. So I guess Jager is my fight sauce if we’re talking about it like that.

So good… once it hits your lips….

Jagers’ a drug. Its a different high than any thing else. Its not alcohol

sadders

A bowl of really nutty meusli with honey and lots of milk about 1 1/4 hours before training.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: