Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    eric-joyce

Re: Fight Quest Rocked!!

quote JonJ480:

I am just over a month in in my school in phoenix, and our training, while not “quite” as brutal as what was on the show, is very similar. My 2nd class (at that point I still had no groin protection yet…..big mistake) I took a heal palm to the “jewels”. I was told it was clearly outlined that I needed groin protection when I started and to keep going with the drill (standard choke from behind). ya know, it hurt like ^%$ but I agreed with them and tried to suck it up (and swallow them down). I think the show, while slightly extreme, is very much what my classes are like. Just my .02

Hey JonJ,

I agree with you. The schools in the Phoenix area are pretty intense. I trained mostly in the Chandler school and it was always intense and brutal …just to my liking 🙂 Although not as brutal as the schools on Fight Quest, but good enough for me.

kmman

The Fight Quest training was for entertainment value. Thats not proper training.

jonj480

Eric,
    Did you train at Jay Ackerman’s school in Chandler? I am at his school in Phoenix. It is very intense and brutal sometimes. I love it? Where in AZ are you?

giant-killer

Hmmm, after two years of training I think one should definitely be able to work on weapons defenses. Here at the NTC it’s about 8 months to orange belt, then maybe another 7-8 months to green. While weapons defenses officially start at green (LV4), they are still sometimes taught in LV3 as well, meaning that you will be able to do at least some weapons stuff after about 8 months, which seems just right.

eric-joyce

quote JonJ480:

Eric,
    Did you train at Jay Ackerman’s school in Chandler? I am at his school in Phoenix. It is very intense and brutal sometimes. I love it? Where in AZ are you?

Hey JonJ,

I live in Gilbert, but I trained mostly at the Chandler location. All the schools are top-notch in my opinion. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. 🙂 Train hard bro.

swimwithme98

That was intense stuff!

hbkravmaga

I have posted more information in regards to unsupported lies from “The Jew” on another section of the forum but sparring is a regular part of the curriculium at both Long Beach Krav Maga and Huntington Beach’s Krav Maga program.
    Sparring, Beating, choking, multiple attackers, armed and unarmed drills, ground fighting, blindfolded attacks, night-time training, these are all components of a Krav Maga program as taught to us by Darren Levine and his staff at the NTC.

h2h
Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: