Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    sunstar

I was watching fight science over the weekend and one segment featured Amir Perets. He did a gun defense in 12 tenths of a second. The guy is cat fast.

simon

Re: Fight Science

Theres a new one thats suposed to come out soon with Amir, Sam Sade and Kelly Cambell can’t wait!

kirsten

I am so excited about that one too! Amir and Sam are such bada$$es… but also the two nicest people you will ever meet. And Kelly is representing for us bada$$ women. 🙂 I can’t wait and will make sure to record it this time! Go Amir, Sam and Kelly!!

stickfig13

quote Kirsten:

I am so excited about that one too! Amir and Sam are such bada$$es… but also the two nicest people you will ever meet. And Kelly is representing for us bada$$ women. 🙂 I can’t wait and will make sure to record it this time! Go Amir, Sam and Kelly!!

Please add Kelly Cambell to the “Nicest people” list too….. 🙂

kirsten

no need to, everyone already knows she is on the “nicest” list too! That goes without saying. Besides, she gets on the coveted “bada$$ woman” list of mine… and before you ask, I refuse to add Sam and Amir to that list! It is reserved for women members only.

🙂

hemibuck

Can’t wait for it!! I’m sure it’s gonna get a lot of people coming through our doors!!

gwalsh-d92
    coda-vex

How was it? Didn’t get to see it tonight, probably this weekend.

bjelder

It was pretty good. Krav Maga MD got an advertisement in there which I was psyched to see! (They used the KMWW advertisement with the 2 location’s telephone numbers at the end)

It focused a lot on “creative” self defense- using keys to gouge eyes, folding up a magazine and using it as a weapon, etc. But definitely thrilling for KM to get some recognition, and the 3 instructors were represented very well.

I didn’t get a chance to catch the last 10 minutes or so, but it’s DVR’d.

russell

i saw the last 10 mins of the show and am pissed at myself for missing the first 50 anyone know when it will be rebroadcast?

karmaok

Pretty good. A little dramatic because of TV, but all the Self Defense information provided, as well as all the defenses demoed, were valid and well done.

Jeff

bpeeps

According to the National Geographic Website, it will be rebroadcast Feb. 21 at 2am.

Set your DVRs.

coda-vex

Pretty good. KM was well represented by Amir and was a good overview of self defense techniques.

paul

i dont think i want amir perets looking at me like he did when he did the disarm of sam sade. major trouble brewing

dkatman

I thought it was mostly good. I found the science behind it interesting: Measuring the torque and equating Kelly’s hip rotation to that of a Major League Baseball player swinging a bat; Showing the extra force applied by using a smaller surface area; Discussing the damage to the body striking certain areas; Seeing just how much a key wants to find the eye socket.

I just get upset at shows like this that stretch out their material, shooting 20 minutes of film for an hour show. You know, showing the 20 second teaser of what they will show after the break. Then coming back from the break saying remember this teaser we showed you (and showing it again). Then, let’s roll it all back from the start to show you that teaser part a third time along with the 5 seconds afterwards we were teasing.

That, and the computer graphics they add. They are cool. it is a cool effect. But then after a while, I just felt like they were doing it because they could. They make the computer animations of the muscle covered skeletons going through the same motions you just saw Amir and Sam go through and describe what is going on. And then there was another one depicting the inside of the body and what happens when Amir strikes me to the nose….Cool, but then just felt overboard to me. I guess I am satisfied with an instructor in class saying if you strike the nose, they will tear up and get dizzy, without having to see a graphical representation of a nerve ending inside the nose becoming irritated.

It was fun though. I liked it. I would definitely watch a part two.

Dave

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: