Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    j-frank

FIGHTING FIT by Col. David Ben-Asher

Does anyone have this book? Any info or thoughts?

kmsf

I have a copy and I have posted some things I liked about it on the old forum (2 years ago?) maybe longer. I just recently loaned it out to a student of mine so I can’t reference it exactly. I do like the workout routines and charts, ( although the exercises depicted are kind of rudementary, therefore almost any routine of callestenics can be substituted) the pictures help to explain positioning and details of techniques. It is ‘older’ krav than what is now being taught and as such is closer to the base krav that was taught for twenty or so years prior to printing (83) And some techniques had to be changed due to tweaking something that just didn’t work as well and changing it just enough that you can still recognize the old technique. So I like it for the basics that are in it and good reading material for all Krav students. If you are just starting out though don’t go religiously by this book for your instructor may wonder why you aren’t following what he/she is teaching. I’d also recomend Imi’s book for advanced KM (found at most bookstores or online- just google krav maga etc.. 🙂

anonymous

it was also the first book on KM in english….and has some ols school IKMA people in it.

j-frank

Thanks, KMSF. Are the basic punches and kicks the same as what is taught now?

kmsf

Short answer, yes I think basic punches and kicks the same.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: