Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics First class tomorrow night!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    johnl-d11

Hey all, just registered so I’d like to introduce myself… Been in martial arts since ’96 (off and on), our school in Gahanna, OH (suburb of Columbus) started training in KM about a month ago so I thought I would join. I’ve watched a few mins of the classes and they seem pretty intense; this is at a TKD school but he emphasizes a lot on real life pratical techniques instead of traditional TKD. Hopefully I’m not too sore afterwards after reading some of the other users first class experience 😀 I workout in some type of physical fitness 2-3 hours a day so hopefully it won’t be too bad.. 8)

karlhungus

It shouldn’t be too bad for you. Welcome aboard.

jarcher

If you are referring to my recent post, it’s not a fair comparison. I am horribly out of shape. Too much time behind a keyboard and not enough outdoors. Well, I gotta pay my bills somehow, and the computer helps me earn a living. 🙂

Best of luck!

johnl-d11

Re:

quote \”jarcher\:

If you are referring to my recent post, it’s not a fair comparison. I am horribly out of shape. Too much time behind a keyboard and not enough outdoors. Well, I gotta pay my bills somehow, and the computer helps me earn a living. 🙂

Best of luck!

Hey, I do PC work too 😉 But with no kids, I usually try to workout from 4:30-5:30 (run) then 7-9 (martial arts, weights) every day.

The class wasn’t too difficult, we mainly did punches on focus targets for 40 mins then some choke from behind defenses. Fun class but since our main TKD instructor teaches the krav class, he incorporates quite a bit of it into our TKD training. The cost is reasonable; since I’m already a member of the TKD school, it’s just an extra 40 a month. 🙂

badge54

Welcome to Class JohnL. I am at the same school. You are definately in better shape than some of those of us in class. I’m going to get a chuck bucket to put in the corner. Maybe black with some KM stickers. I was also thinking about attaching a bell to it. We haven’t had anyone yet but I hear some talking about it.

Badge54

johnl-d11

Re:

quote \”Badge54\:

Welcome to Class JohnL. I am at the same school. You are definately in better shape than some of those of us in class. I’m going to get a chuck bucket to put in the corner. Maybe black with some KM stickers. I was also thinking about attaching a bell to it. We haven’t had anyone yet but I hear some talking about it.

Badge54

Who are you? Mr. Wile has \”fun\” nights the week after belt tests in TKD which is more like hell week. It’s fun for the instructors to watch all of the students huffing and puffing. It’s nonstop kicking, running, punching, conditioning for an hour. Usually the class attendance is low that week 😉

klem

JohnL, I used to train with Mark, he’s a great guy and a great instructor. You’ll be very pleased. Good luck and have fun.

badge54

Klem, Are you close enough to come back?

JohnL. Good drills tonight. I saw you stacking me between Jeanie when we did the drills so you only have to fight the one at a time, that’s smart stuff and hard to teach to some.

Maybe a little slow at this level for you. I keep catching myself trying to use other skills that are more habit and muscle memory for me. I went to trip you a few times and caught myself. I have a strong concept of wrestling and control but have never trained in anyhting that strikes as much.

Badge54

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: