Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jonathanazel

Hey Everybody,

I’ve got my first KM class coming up pretty soon and was wondering if anybody had some advice for a new, fairly inexperienced student. I trained in muay thai kickboxing for a few years and did some Kenpo, but it’s been over a year since I’ve been involved in any martial art. What can I do both during and outside of class to get the most out of training?

Thanks!

-Jon

badge54

Don’t eat right before class.

If you are familiar with MT many of the techniques will come quickly. A few small variations.

Badge54

kravjeff

Yep – You’ll be fine … If you’re still in decent shape, even better!! If not, pace yourself a bit and enjoy either way!

kpalena

Make sure you are well hydrated. Have water on you, pace yourself, leave your ego at home. don’t try to out-do anyone. You will be fine, just be strong.

badge54

Don’t forget to come back and tell us about it.

Badge54

joeyg

Hey I had my first class today too. It was awesome by the way.

unstpabl1

If you have the luxury of time before the class, condition Try as many rounds as you can do in 25 minutes of like 10 burpees, 10 push ups,15 squats. things like that Look up Brandx martial arts. Its a krav gym as well as xfit. Garddawg posts excellent w/o’s daily and dumbs them down for all levels of fitness for free 😀 Its a great site and he does a great job. Good luck with Krav
    mike

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: