Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums First KM Class!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    brewmasher

I just finished my first KM class, and I really like it a lot! thumbsup Having been a couch potato for the last few years and over 50, I was a bit concerned that I could not handle it. There was no worries. The staff told me to stop if I feel dizzy, take breaks if needed, and drink plenty of water. The instructor even checked on me a couple of times to see if I was alright. The warm ups in the beginning of class was tough on an old geezer like myself, but the rest of the class was fun.

They even did some advanced gun disarming techniques due to a rash of armed robberies in the area. Of course it came with the advice that “you should not attempt anything like this unless getting killed is likely”. I like that. I don’t want to be Rambo, but I don’t want to die helplessly either.

Anyway, I have taken martial arts on and off since high school. I was the nerd that got picked on and beat up daily at school. The first thing I did after getting a part time job was to train in karate. I soon found that having confidence and standing up to bullies was all that was needed. I could not even pick a fight with these cowards, who prey on the weak.

I like KM because you train realistically. When it did come to having to use my training in a fight, I got my ass beat despite having a brown belt in TKD and tournament trophies. When it came down to the stress of a real fight, I pulled my punches, and did not attack any vulnerable areas just like I was trained. It was a humbling experience. Since then I have trained in BJJ, but found it not realistic for self defense situations. Besides, it turned into training for MMA fights, and my aging body could not compete.

I would like to lurk around here for a while, maybe learn some things, and maybe contribute if I can.

Best regards
    Brew

donjon
    Blocked

Re: First KM Class!

good to know that i must say it is nice informative share

danielos

Re: First KM Class!

Sounds good, great you liked the first KM class! Goodluck with the next classes, you will like it for sure.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: