Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Flying tips during the holidays

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jenn

As I’m sitting here having some lovely “airport appreciation” time – and thinking of workplace annoyances – I thought I’d share some tips for the upcoming holidays. I’m being seriously sarcastic with these.

Most airlines are charging for checked bags. That does not mean you can carry everything on the plane. You are only guaranteed to have the space under the seat in front of you – bin space is VERY limited. Soooooo pay the fees and check your bags. Or, if you want a better guarantee that your stuff will be where you want it, mail it to your location. Trust me – it’s cheaper and safer.

If you do place a small bag in the bin put your jacket on top of it!!! Please don’t take up valuable space with just your jacket. I honestly don’t care if it’s a $1000 fur coat or a $10 KMart special – if it takes up bag space it will get moved & you won’t like it (devil icon here)

Mail your packages! Bin space is limited and I don’t care that your grandma’s gift is in that bag – I’ve got no more space for it and I can’t guarantee it won’t get broken down below.

Delays happen. Expect it. Be ready for it. Embrace it!!! Think of it as your meditation time. Or airport appreciation time – a great time to watch people at their worst.

If you’re traveling with twits, er kids, make sure you feed them before getting on the plane – or have LOTS of snacks for them. Not every flight has snacks. Bring some toys and books. And alcohol – to give to your kid or to the other passengers around you. :D:

Lastly – bring lots of chocolate for the flight attendants. We LIVE on it! It’s why I can’t lose the last ten pounds I want. Seriously – it’ll brighten someone’s day and you may get a free drink or TV out it.

saruotoko

Re: Flying tips during the holidays

I KNEW I enjoyed your visit for some reason, Jenn! LOL

tinykrav

I had NO idea about this possible “free drinks or TV” business! I’ll have to remember that.

I’ll add another one.

If you store bags in the overhead bins……. Have them ready to get your butt off the plane when the time comes. There’s nothing more aggrivating than waiting 20 mins for everyone in front of you to de-plane than haveing to watch EVERYONE of them wait for the line to get to them before they START gathering their stuff……..Be READY……..Da—-t……It’s not lile we don’t know we’re about to get off the plane……..:soapbox:

Ok Rant over……….

Thanks for that post Jenn…… 7 years of consulting (100% travel) was enough for me……. I have the utmost respect for you guys who make a career of it…..

A sense of humor and copious amounts of alcohol really help. And yes, this is a great time to observe people at their worst.

CCB

devilnuts

quote Denver Jenn:

Lastly – bring lots of chocolate for the flight attendants. We LIVE on it! It’s why I can’t lose the last ten pounds I want. Seriously – it’ll brighten someone’s day and you may get a free drink or TV out it.

Duly noted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: