Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Footwork against multiple opponents

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Guys, could anyone describe proper footwork for right-handed of how to circle to the right? :banghead:
    With lining up my opponents by circling to the left I have no problem, it’s easy to me when I’m in fighting stance to step and pivot with the left foot to the left and close the stance with the right foot. :box:
    But when opponents are coming from the left side and I have to circle to the right it’s becoming a problem to me. :dunno:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Footwork against multiple opponents

KMyoshi, lets see you articulate this one. 🙂

doublestrike

I would think it would be very similar to the motions when circling to your left. However, you would start off with your RIGHT foot but in a slanting / outward motion so when you bring your LEFT foot in the same direction, you will end up in fight stance (L foot forward, R foot back).

lennykravist

One thing we were taught was forward and back bursting (or advancing, if you prefer). You burst off your right (back) foot going forward and left (front) going backward, right? So with that said, what I noticed was it translated (for me anyway) to circling either left or right. So when I circle to my left, I’m leading with my left (front leg; bursting, sliding or “advancing”) and my right (back leg) when I’m circling to my right. So in a sense, as you lead in one direction, you push off with the opposite leg, depending on your stance. Now, I’m no expert so I’m not sure if that’s the correct way, or if I’m doing it right or whatever, but it seems (so far) to translate ok. Anything to add, those who are more experienced?

kmyoshi

quote CJs Dad:

KMyoshi, lets see you articulate this one. 🙂

:beer:

What DoubleStrike and LennyKravist said is correct. You would be using your left foot to push off of and bring your right foot forward. Think of your opponent as being at your 12 o’clock. You would want to pivot off to 1 o’clock.You would land in a south paw position but you will be loaded up for a nice right hook to either the head or body, which when thrown will have you landing back into an orthodox stance (left foot forward) and at your opponent’s dead side (if they are orthodox stance as well.) From here, you can do your usual pivot off to the left (their right side) and throw them off balance!

lennykravist

Yoshi, off-topic, but how long have you been doing Krav? You seem very knowledgable.

don

quote LennyKravist:

Yoshi, off-topic, but how long have you been doing Krav? You seem very knowledgable.

Are you saying that because he agreed with you? :D:;):thumbsup neener neener!

lennykravist

quote Don:

BAHAA!!! Why Don, however did you guess??? Nah, all joking aside though, I appreciate all the input those on here much more experienced than myself contribute. It just so happens that it’s cool that even as a beginner, I’m not totally in the dark. Hey, I’ll take it!:beer:

kmyoshi

quote LennyKravist:

Thanks! It’s all due to my really great and knowledgeable instructors (CJ’s Dad, Don, La Revancha to name a few since these guys are on the forums)
    I’ve been doing Krav for about 3 years (mid June will be 3 year anniversary!! :box:

quote Don:

I’ll take what I can get! ;)::D:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: