Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Force Decisions: A Citizen’s Guide

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    greenbeanie

Rory Miller has a new book out entitled “Force Decisions: A Citizen’s Guide.” This book explains how police are taught to make decisions on the use of force. Readers will understand how to behave when confronted by a police officer and how the police officer interprets the situation.

don

Re: Force Decisions: A Citizen’s Guide

Has Rory Miller ever worked Patrol (out on the streets) or has all his LE experience been inside Custody/Corrections?

greenbeanie

quote Don:

Has Rory Miller ever worked Patrol (out on the streets) or has all his LE experience been inside Custody/Corrections?

Dunno. From what I’ve gleaned from his bio, one could deduce that his LE experience has been exclusively Custody/Corrections.

don

I just hope he’s putting out accurate/good info… At least he’s actually in the LE field and not some college professor or some other yahoo with no training/experience…

greenbeanie

quote Don:

I just hope he’s putting out accurate/good info…

His books Meditations on Violence: A Comparison of Martial Arts Training & Real World Violence and Facing Violence: Preparing for the Unexpected were good reads.

quote Don:

I just hope he’s putting out accurate/good info… At least he’s actually in the LE field and not some college professor or some other yahoo with no training/experience…

My personal favorite is being lectured on the use of violence in military tactics by someone who has no training or experience, and the only education they can claim is a few college history classes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: