Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vt-hokie

Can anyone recommend a GOOD set of forearm guards? Something that will stay put during knife defense stress drills? My forearms are getting beat to a pulp, and while I like bruises and pain (let’s me know I’m alive!), it doesn’t look the greatest to have that lovely shade of purple-green-yellow while wandering the halls at work!

Thanks,
    VTH

anonymous

Just wear a long sleeved shirt. 😀

I got strange looks at work when I first started Krav. They thought I joined Fight Club.

\”Yes, these are bruises. Yes, they’re from fighting. Yes, I’m comfortable with that…. I am enlightened.\”

nancypants

However, if you don’t want to wear long sleeves or be enlightened :), you can buy a pair of football forearm pads. They have to be snug enough to not move around, but they’re reasonably good for class because they don’t get in the way like big strap-on pads do. I used them for a while and then just decided that they were too much trouble, but mine were something like this:

http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/forearmpads.html

I’ve also found that after a while, you just stop getting bruises. YMMV.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Johnnylove_22\:

I got strange looks at work when I first started Krav. They thought I joined Fight Club.

\”Yes, these are bruises. Yes, they’re from fighting. Yes, I’m comfortable with that…. I am enlightened.\”

The first rule of fight class is, you don’t talk about fight class.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: