Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations Fort Worth, Tx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    muleg7

I am looking for a place to train KM near Fort Worth, Tx. I called ATA Black Belt Academy in Arlington, but the instructor seemed totally unprofessional and said he was in the middle of teaching a class. He asked if he could call me later. I was so discouraged by the way he handled the call that I told him no thanks and didn’t even leave my number. I guess what I am looking for is a place to train where the staff is polite, professional and the instructors do not answer their phone while teaching a class. 😡

If anybody out there knows of a decent place near Fort Worth please let me know. I love self-defense and am very interested in KM. The guy at ATA pretty much threw away the cash he would have made on my membership because of the way he treated my inquiry.

ccualumni

WHy would he answer the phone if he ws in the middle of a class?

Try giving him another chance. Talk to a few students. Try to get a trial week to see hw it really is there.

He may have been winded from working out and was expecting a very impportant call.

He did ask to call you back, so I think that should count for something.

muleg7

Thanks for the friendly advice, but I got a really bad vibe from this guy. My instincts are normally pretty good when it comes to this sort of thing, so I think I’ll stay away from that particular school. The last thing I want to happen is to catch this guy on a good day and end up signing a contract only to find out that he is routinely unprofessional. The bottom line is that I want to be treated like a valued customer. This is a business and before I fork over the big bucks I want to see that I am going to be treated well.
    😉

It’s a shame too, because I was ready to walk into his school and hand over my cash. All I wanted was friendly and professional treatment. If anybody knows of another school close to Fort Worth please let me know and I will give them a try. Thanks again for your response ccualumni!

ccualumni

I do see your point. I have always thought that you \”never get a second chance to make a first opinion\”.

Good luck finding a school. I am waiting for one to open near me as well (so far, no luck).

fourthnail

I too am in Ft Worth but take classes in Carrolton, on Trinity Mills and Midway. Great classes, great instructors and a very well rounded group of students.

We just held our first belt cert about two weeks ago. Jack, our head instructor has been teaching for quite some time and is very professional.

Can’t say enough about this school.

Z

muleg7

FourthNail,

That’s so funny! I will start classes at your school this coming Saturday. I haven’t actually joined yet. I want to participate in a class or two before I sign up for anything long-term, but everything looks great so far.

Jack seems like a really good guy. I’m looking forward to training there, so I hope it works out.

fourthnail

Re:

quote \”MuleG7\:

FourthNail,

That’s so funny! I will start classes at your school this coming Saturday. I haven’t actually joined yet. I want to participate in a class or two before I sign up for anything long-term, but everything looks great so far.

Jack seems like a really good guy. I’m looking forward to training there, so I hope it works out.

Look forward to seeing you there. I usually go on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Look for the bald guy in the black t-shirt HAHAH.

Z

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: