Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    siayn

I have an idea. Lets get ride of the General forum and create two new forums in it’s place:

Forum 1 – Technique and Training
    Forum 2 – History and Politics

Make one rule for both forums…if you post in the wrong place, you get your crap deleted.

I think the reasons are obvious…

taikei

>Forum 2 – History and Politics

I thought ignoring politics are part of level 1 curriculum.

leftie79

What’s wrong with what we have now? Another thing people need to learn how to do is to \”look\” for the topic they want instead of having about 10 threads on \”extra workouts on off days, what’s the best punching bag, summer camp\” etc. Yes, you may have to look back a couple weeks, or months but you will find it. No need to reinvent the wheel. I also liked the idea of having the sticky posted for the avatars. I think that if there is an event coming up (special seminar hosted by Darren, Ryan, Bas or summer/winter camp) there should be a sticky for that so that others don’t get started. Just my thoughts on some stuff that can be done.

karlhungus

I wish that we had some sort of …..\”Move of the week\” thread or something. Where someone picks a move, writes down the basics, then we can all post our thoughts and experiences with the move. I remember the \”Attacked on the street\” thread that was so popular and I really liked all the technique talk that was brought up in it.

That would be my suggestion for the forum.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Leftie79\:

Another thing people need to learn how to do is to \”look\” for the topic they want instead of having about 10 threads on \”extra workouts on off days, what’s the best punching bag, summer camp\” etc.

When someone comes here hoping to get some info, the last thing they want to read is some asshole lecturing them about the ‘search’ tab. Not calling you an asshole or anything, Leftie, but that’s exactly the reply I got from one poster when I first came here inquiring about punching bags. I mean, it’s only a message board, not a freakin’ library.

ffdo

I never mind answering the repeat questions myself, heck, when I started I had no idea there were fifty million pages of posts on one subject.

The political side, well, I have to admit, I like it almost as much as the techniques…….

JC

anonymous

\”The political side, well, I have to admit, I like it almost as much as the techniques…….\”

Why, you little devil…. 😉

guerriere

G.V. ITA – newcomers should be made to feel welcome. If there’s a need for a new forum at all it should be for newbies, with FAQ stickies for things like wraps and bags.

leftie79

Re:

quote \”G.V.\:

quote \”Leftie79\:

Another thing people need to learn how to do is to \”look\” for the topic they want instead of having about 10 threads on \”extra workouts on off days, what’s the best punching bag, summer camp\” etc.

When someone comes here hoping to get some info, the last thing they want to read is some asshole lecturing them about the ‘search’ tab. Not calling you an asshole or anything, Leftie, but that’s exactly the reply I got from one poster when I first came here inquiring about punching bags. I mean, it’s only a message board, not a freakin’ library.

I’m sorry you feel this way G.V. The thing is it’s kind of annoying when you have about 10 threads of the same subject. That’s all I’m saying. Am I wrong for feeling like this? For the people who have been on this forum for a long time how do you feel about this?

Guerriere…I agree 100% with you…newcomers need to feel welcome. I am not trying to start an argument over a forum. This is a place for people with experience and no experience with krav to come and ask questions and get answers.

g-v

Lefty, no soreness on my part. 🙂

leftie79

Ok, G.V. Let’s just put that argument behind us and continue our conversations about KM. 😀

beachfront71

Update the Videos

While we are on the topic of suggestions, one area that I think really needs some updating is the video section.

We need some new videos/clips, not to mention a bigger variety.

It would be nice when a friend says \”what is KM?\” and you could point him to the site and see some good techniques. The ones on there now are short and formatted in a way that they can not be resized.

All who agree say \”I\”

leftie79

I am all for that Beachfront. Good idea!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: