Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Funny blurb by John Whitman in GQ magazine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tank-sinatra

In the December issue of GQ there’s a section entitled \”The Moments of 2006\” where they count off some of the wacky stuff that happened this year. On page 172, one of the noteworthy moments they talk about is a fight in a club that erupted between Axl Rose and the designer Tommy Hilfiger. The incident was the inspiration for a small little article entitled \”How to Beat Axl Rose and Tommy in a Bar Fight\” I transcribed it here for your reading pleasure.

\”How to Beat Axl Rose and Tommy in a Bar Fight\”
    As explained by John Whitman, fourth-degree black belt and president of Krav Maga Worldwide

\”I’d go after Axl first. His hair is pretty long so I would absolutely use that as a weapon. The drink splash is a distraction. I’d smash the glass in his face, if the situation called for it. Then I’d grab him by the hair, use that as a lever, pull the face down, and give a knee to the face. And then kicks, stomps, and I go after Hilfinger, using Axl as a shield if I need it. If I see open shots to Tommy’s face, I’m throwing closed-fist punches. You could use palm-heel strikes if you’re worrying about damaging your own hands, but I wouldn’t worry about him. Actually, I might just bitch-slap that Hilfiger.\”

Nice work John! When do I get to learn this \”bitch-slap\” that you speak of?

maskedkat

Oh, I love it!! I used to like G&R back in the day, but Axl Rose is a punk. And not in the cool sense of the word. C’mon, picking a fight with TOMMY HILFIGER?? Jeez… what a total candy ass.

anonymous

😆 😆 That’s funny. They should frame it and hang it up at the NTC somewhere.

Is that issue still out? With the many celebrities getting into trouble, maybe they should make this into a monthly feature, \”John Whitman recreates celebrity fights\”. Or they could call it \”John Whitman’s If I Did It\”. 8) 😆

la-revancha

\”Shatner, I’d fight William Shatner.\”

clfmak

Smash Axel Rose in the face with a guitar, then gi choke Hillfiger with his own canary yellow 100% fleece hand woven pullover.

kmcat

Re:

quote \”CLFMak\:

Smash Axel Rose in the face with a guitar, then gi choke Hillfiger with his own canary yellow 100% fleece hand woven pullover.

Red ones work better, increases your anger factor and allows you to apply more strength.

Blue has a calming effect and slows down metabolism, not good in a fight.

g-v

Re:

quote \”La Revancha\:

Haha, \”I’d fight Ghandi.\” 😉

kravjeff

Re:

quote \”La Revancha\:

I’d fight William Shatner too — Hell, I’d fight TJ Hooker! But I’d never mess with Captain Kirk!!!

😆 😆

maskedkat

Re:

quote \”G.V.\:

quote \”La Revancha\:

Haha, \”I’d fight Ghandi.\” 😉

Well, shoot! If that’s how we’re playing… I challenge Stephen Hawking!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: