Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Gang ID and situational awareness

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ffdo1234

OK

I will start this with a brief disclaimer and story.

Disclaimer: I do not like strip clubs, really, toooo much money and no interaction without it.

Story: I went to the lake with two friends. They vote to go to a ‘club’ on the way home. I am broke from a divorce and a few other reasons and really did not want to go but was out voted. So, I sat there and drank water, really….. I watched my friends parade between parts of the club and the ATM machine. Now, I watch everyone that comes in or out of anywhere I am. I sit facing the door. I will leave if it looks like there could be trouble. In this instance, I cannot leave as I have no car and my two friends are quite happy closing the place down.

At about one AM a guy walks in. He is wearing red shoes with red laces, blue jeans, a red shirt, and black sports coat. He has a red Mets hat on and a RED belt hanging near his knee. He is about 28-30ish. He sits down next to me. He is greeted by at least eight to ten patrons in the bar. As the club slows he sits next to me greeting his minions and is slowly collecting women around him. He doesn’t look dangerous at all to the unknowing.

I could have this all wrong, but looked like a Crip OG to me…..

I asked my friends to leave multiple times duing this period. They thought I was just being my paranoid self. I don’t think so but am puting this out for the forum. Nothing happened that night, but my feeling is if you are in a dangerous situation and don’t NEED to be, why not leave, but if people are oblivious to the danger, they can put themselves into a bad situation.

OK, finally the point……. I am in LE but do not work around street gangs and they are generally not a threat to me. I know some things but really, not much compared to the street wise LEOs that deal with these guys/gals day to day or even those posters that are forced to live near them.

I think it would be quite helpful for those in KM to read how to ID a ‘ganster’ by how they act and what they wear…..

I would love to see coments from som of the LEOs on here…..

Thanks,

JC

kms1974

Re: Gang ID and situational awareness

I’m not LE but I did teach high school in another life and i’m young enough to have been exposed to gang culture in it’s “hay day”. If he was wearing red he was a Blood not a Crip. Now days it isn’t as obvious to see gang members. Look for the bandana, sometimes they have them hanging out of a pocket.

vinman

I am a police officer, and to me the red signifies the bloods, not the crips (crips wear blue)

Like the above poster said, they are not as blatant with their colors as they used to be, so this guy could have just been a drug dealer who loves color co-ordination

bracius

To chime in very late, yes bloods are the more prevalent types. The mutts of the gang world. As for being GO….if he was in his 40’s I could see it.

And to Vinman, yeah I can see it. But if he is flying colors that don’t belong to him he is taking a big risk. My money was he was blood and he was there to close the club and start some business afterwards.

ffdo1234

Sorry, I meant blood not crip, but what about other less obvious signs. The red bealt on this guy was a dead give away but how would you spot a crip, or GD or MS 13 or some of the more prev gangs?

I believe that a tear drop tat signifies that the owner has killed as well. Not that I wouldn’t defend myself against someone with one, but it is good to know what level of threat you are dealing with.

JC

kirk

Bloods = Red
    Crips = Blue
    Latin Kings = Yellow & Black
    MS-13 = Not sure if they are affiliated with a particuar color. All I know about them is that they are made up of latin, south american members. They like knives.

bracius

quote Kirk:

MS-13 = Not sure if they are affiliated with a particuar color. All I know about them is that they are made up of latin, south american members. They like knives.

Tattoo of pitch forks or “Mara” or the Devil or …..um….damn it was something else. Ok I forget at the moment.

The also flash the “devil” sign to each other. It’s basically the heavy metal point and pinky finger extended with the two middle fingers tucked in half way and held down by the thumb.

thecrownsown

quote FFDO1234:

OK

Disclaimer: I do not like strip clubs, really, toooo much money and no interaction without it.

Story: I went to the lake with two friends. They vote to go to a ‘club’ on the way home. I am broke from a divorce and a few other reasons and really did not want to go but was out voted. So, I sat there and drank water, really….. I watched my friends parade between parts of the club and the ATM machine. Now, I watch everyone that comes in or out of anywhere I am. I sit facing the door. I will leave if it looks like there could be trouble. In this instance, I cannot leave as I have no car and my two friends are quite happy closing the place down.

At about one AM a guy walks in. He is wearing red shoes with red laces, blue jeans, a red shirt, and black sports coat. He has a red Mets hat on and a RED belt hanging near his knee. He is about 28-30ish. He sits down next to me. He is greeted by at least eight to ten patrons in the bar. As the club slows he sits next to me greeting his minions and is slowly collecting women around him. He doesn’t look dangerous at all to the unknowing.

I asked my friends to leave multiple times duing this period. They thought I was just being my paranoid self. I don’t think so but am puting this out for the forum. Nothing happened that night, but my feeling is if you are in a dangerous situation and don’t NEED to be, why not leave, but if people are oblivious to the danger, they can put themselves into a bad situation.

OK, finally the point……. I am in LE but do not work around street gangs and they are generally not a threat to me. I know some things but really, not much compared to the street wise LEOs that deal with these guys/gals day to day or even those posters that are forced to live near them.

I think it would be quite helpful for those in KM to read how to ID a ‘ganster’ by how they act and what they wear…..

Thanks,

JC

Not to be a total wet blanket here…but red clothing doesn’t necessarily mean gang related does it? I have red and blue shirts, and am not a gang member. Could the guy simply have been a “regular” and just bad taste in clothing? rofl2 I guess no one really knows the situation except you, but was there any real threat, or just a guy sitting in the bar and popular with the locals. Granted the “ballet” is kinda seedy.

bracius

its true….it’s not a 100% that they guy is bloods. but 9 times out of 10 he is blood, a new recruit, or blood friendly but just not “in”. Now greeting the patrons thing….that marks him as a regular or this could be a blood control club.

Now the collection of women…that makes me think that he is their “hook-up”.

Just calling it the way I see it

stickfig13

quote FFDO1234:

OK

Thanks,

JC

Nothing good happens at a strip club at 1am. period

walken

He probably was a blood but with the overt display of colors he could have been color coordinating. I have a business in a blood part of Pasadena, CA and the bloods in that area will wear a trace of red in their clothing. A lot of times these guys are wearing blue and black but will have a red hat on or a rag hanging from their pocket. Also if this guy was 28-30, that is considered “old age” for a gangsta. From my experience with Mexican and Black gangs, just show respect to them and what I mean by this is don’t look, talk, or do anything towards them. Don’t even do head bob to signify hello. Just keep your eyes straight and keep walking. Or don’t hang in those areas.

thecrownsown

quote stickfig13:

Nothing good happens at a strip club at 1am. period

you’ve obviously never been to the “ballet” in Ontario! rofl2

clfmak

Hammerskins wear red laces on their boots, and wear red to different degrees. My old girlfriend used to go to highschool with a bunch of them out in 29 Palms. They’re a white supremacist gang.

vinman

quote TheCrownsOwn:

you’ve obviously never been to the “ballet” in Ontario! rofl2

I can attest to that !!! :D:

midnighter

“I keep a blue flag hanging out my backside
    But only on the left side, yeah that’s the Crip side”

But yea, if he was anything it was probably a Blood.

Are you in KCMO now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: