Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Gentlemen, wearing your groin protector outside of your trousers is a *bad* idea

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Re: Gentlemen, wearing your groin protector outside of your trousers is a *bad* idea

quote DrGreenSticky:

What amazes me is the number of people (at least in Level 1 classes) who wear no cup at all… I think they’re all insane… yes, cups are slightly uncomfortable, but it’s a whole heck of a lot more uncomfortable getting hit in the family jewels. It hurts bad enough WITH the cup!!!

Oh I agree with you bigtime! What I don’t get are GALS who don’t wear cups! There’s insane there but if you can stand it, all I can say is more power to you.

I’d tried a unisex one, but my kicks went to pot using it. I’m still looking for that perfect one (using Title right now) but I need to remember the name of one that one my instructors uses. It only took ONE TIME hubby grazing me that I swore I’d NEVER be without mine in any KM classthumbsup

night-robin

Re: Gentlemen, wearing your groin protector outside of your trousers is a *bad* idea

quote DrGreenSticky:

What amazes me is the number of people (at least in Level 1 classes) who wear no cup at all… I think they’re all insane… yes, cups are slightly uncomfortable, but it’s a whole heck of a lot more uncomfortable getting hit in the family jewels. It hurts bad enough WITH the cup!!!

I have put it off, and have come very close to paying for it. Luckily, most of the people in my level one class are kind enough to ask you if you are wearing one before they impose on your personal space. I’m vowing to wear one from now on, but if I have a misshape I will be sure to share my shame with you all for your amusement.

kevin-mack

euros do weird things..there is one krav video of training on a bus in europe and one dude is sporting old school suspenders

kior

I find there’s advantages and disadvantages to each way. I used to wear inside but now do it outside, I find it less restrictive for kicks that way :dunno:

smokelaw1

Plenty of people at my school wear them outside, including me on occasion. THe reasons were already stated, easier to get on and off, and more comfortable. I understand that
    it 1) looks ridiculous, and 2) has risks. I am thinking of getting a nuttybuddy or similar more comfortable product to replace it. Something about my body just makes this thing REALLY uncomfortable under my pants.

sdkraver

quote mara_jade:

Oh I agree with you bigtime! What I don’t get are GALS who don’t wear cups! There’s insane there but if you can stand it, all I can say is more power to you.

I’d tried a unisex one, but my kicks went to pot using it. I’m still looking for that perfect one (using Title right now) but I need to remember the name of one that one my instructors uses. It only took ONE TIME hubby grazing me that I swore I’d NEVER be without mine in any KM classthumbsup

Yeah I don’t get this either. I’ve accidentally kneed a couple of uncupped ladies in class, and they went down hard. Almost as bad as a guy.

bradm

Have to agree with that. Several yeara ago I was sparring with a girl in Taekwondo class. I meant to throw a snap kick to her abdomin at the same time she stepped in towards me. I unintentionally kicked her between the legs. She crumpled over pretty good. The instructor was pretty ticked at me thinking I used excessive contact. I thought he was going open a can of whoop-ass on me until she told him it wasn’t my fault that she’d walked into the kick. I really felt bad about it too.

mara-jade

Well, for you gals on the hunt for a groin protector, got the one an instructor of mine uses. Shipping was very reasonable and UPS to boot

http://www.redmangear.com/index.cfm?method=Products_detail&productID=35

It’s a one size fits all (up to 44 inch waist). I asked since their size chart didn’t say and I”m still working on losing some inches right now.

I for one don’t wanna be singing soprano if I don’t have to.:rolleyes: I’ll let you know how it compares to Title once its broken in.

quote Kevin Mack:

euros do weird things..there is one krav video of training on a bus in europe and one dude is sporting old school suspenders

Hey that’s eastern Europe 🙂 In western europe we’re all very fashionable and handsome people.

hemibuck

Mmmkkkk….my boys are aching just thinking about not having a cup in class…I feel naked without one. I have one of those outside ones but have never worn it. If you train in Denver they make the joke that even the people driving by have to have cups on…lol! This past summer I experienced that in person…lol…man she hit hard!!

apc

Any recommendations for a male groin protecter please?

Cheers.

mara-jade

See this thread
    http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=2377

kravmdmatt

On a somewhat related topic, guys…please remember to take your groin protectors home with you when you leave. I don’t know how many times me and other staff members at our school had to carry people’s sweaty jock straps (or underwear) out of the men’s locker rooms with tongs and latex gloves. :banghead: Just tonight we found someones jock strap in the lobby.

Had that same experience this morning Matt…

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: