Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Getting up from guard help??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lions2011

Hello , I am talking about the move when you are on the ground and trapped in your opponents guard. You take your left shin and put in across his stomach and then push off his left hip with your right foot to get back up.

My silly question is what direction does your left leg go. Should you have the toes point towards the left or towards the right so that they face your right leg.

I tried it both ways and not sure ??? thanks

la-revancha

Re: Getting up from guard help??

To be clinical, the left foot, that is the top foot/kicking foot, is in a toes up/dorsiflexed position. Think of the standard front kick from a groundfighting position. Knee is in flexion, then extend hips and knee, driving your heel throw his face/chest.

Refer to the photos on pages 81 and 155 of the Complete Krav Maga book for more clarification.

To be more realistic, just worry about kicking the bad guy in the face! Furthermore, are you left-handed? I feel stronger with my right leg so I like to kick off from the guard with my right foot chambered for the kick. It’s okay to do it on the other side.

Let me know if this helps.

don

quote lions2011:

Hello , I am talking about the move when you are on the ground and trapped in your opponents guard. You take your left shin and put in across his stomach and then push off his left hip with your right foot to get back up.

My silly question is what direction does your left leg go. Should you have the toes point towards the left or towards the right so that they face your right leg.

I tried it both ways and not sure ??? thanks

I think Christian has already answered the question but I’m curious for my own sake – are you sure you’re not talking about YOU being on your back and your opponent being in YOUR guard? I’m having trouble picturing the technique you’re describing if you are in your opponent’s guard (you’re on your knees, your opponent is on his back with his legs around your waist)… ??

lions2011

Yes I am on my back. My attacker is in my guard but i am on my BACK!!!!
    Hopefully that clears it up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: