Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Gloves making my knuckles black

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

OK, during a hard workout – which is pretty much every workout now – my gloves make my knuckles black. I wouldn’t mind, but it takes a day of washing and scrubbing to get them back to normal. Any suggestions? Would washing or soaking the gloves help or just wear them down faster?

Thanks

Re: Gloves making my knuckles black

Its dye. Your sweat is full of acid. It’s going to breakdown the dye, stain your skin. Mine did that for a while, but after a couple of months my gloves stopped dying my knuckles. I actually found the blackened knuckles to be a great conversation starter. HA!

jesse

I had a pair do that way back. It’s really just a matter of waiting. Try getting some of that workman’s soap with the sand in it that car mechanics use. On the plus side, Nickolas is right about the conversation starter. Feel free to make up all kinds of terrible tortures that could have caused it. Knuckle pushups on fiery coals comes to mind….

I use Century gloves

My gloves got funky and were dying my hands like you describe. I filled a sink with warm water and baking soda to wash them….(MISTAKE…..so I thought). I soaked and washed each glove for several minuites. Well the dye came out like crazy and it turned the water and my sink black really quickly. The water was so black I had to change the water for each glove. After that I aired them out to let them dry.

I thought I ruined the golves and almost ruined the sink.

I also gave them a good dose of lysol while drying.

Well, they dried out nicely, smell a lot better, and don’t get dye on my hands nearly as much as they used to.

I now dry them out every time I use them.

If you try this, I would suggest using a bucket…..:rolleyes:

CCB

kirk

yeah, but bruise and bloodied knuckles is an even better conversation starter!! :box:

Hence, why I no longer use gloves. And after a good choke technique session you should see the stares I get.

kirk

yes! I also make sure that I wear short sleave shirts to work the day after 360 defense drills!! There is nothing like being in a meeting and having half the table staring at your bruised arms!

When people ask/comment about the bruises I like to give them a stern-serious look and quietly say “1st rule of fight club” with my finger over my mouth………….:angry:

That usually shuts them up and the looks I get in response are priceless……

CCB

jesse

Just mumble something about “the government”.

brewerm

I wrap my hands and then put gloves on for a couple of reasons, I can’t stand that black stain and I demonstrate computer equipment and software and I don’t want somebody thinking “oh man what kind of disorder does he have”

bracius

I don’t use the gloves any more, I conditioned them early on. I highly recommend no gloves, training naked is far more exhilarating.

Edit: I meant “naked” as in no gloves…..

I agree. No gloves is better. No padding, so when you mi****, you freakin’ feel it all the way to your toes. Transversely, when you hit right, your knuckles leave a nice little impression on the pad, so you can see which knuckles are hitting the hardest and deepest.

bracius

Well……plus the chicks totally dig it 😛

That was mis-hit, not miss s***. HA!

kirsten

Guys have to wear handwraps or gloves in class when we do striking, or they sit out. The reason is that always, always, always somebody rips their knuckles open after 30 min’s and bleeds all over the pads and the floors… then cleans neither… which is disgusting and a health hazard. yuk. Not to mention that somebody else may have bled on the pad before them and not cleaned it either.

Funny bruise story:
    I once had a lady approach me in the bathroom at the movie theatre. I was covered head to toe in bruises, as I was competing a lot. After eyeballing me for several seconds she finally said “You know you don’t have to take that” and walked out. Well I was 18 and had NO IDEA at all what she was referring to. So I exited and as any good BF does, they wait outside the bathroom so I told him what happened. Oneness said “Oh, now it makes sense. That lady gave me such a nasty look when she left, I wondered what her problem was”. I still had no clue, so Oneness explained that she assumed he beat me…

Hahahahahahahahahaha… not likely. We still laugh over that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: