Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bjelder

I just took an intro class at Krav Maga MD. I’d like to send a huge thanks to RayC for helping me out and the staff (Jeff and Jeff) for being awesome and having a great, clean, friendly environment. thumbsup

It was a TON of fun! I have a lot (read: a WHOLE lot) of stuff to work on which is great. We started off with our instructor Jeff talking to us about KM, what its for, etc. Then went on with a bow in, did some jumping jacks, push ups, crunches, jogging in place, that sort of thing. Then we practiced a few straight punches, watched a little demo of Jeff and Ray going at it, then paired up and did some punching exercises with our partner. The dude I was with was pretty intense, ha! We then did a “30 second exercise” where you punch the pad that the other guy is holding for 30 seconds w/out stopping. This took a lot out of me but was a lot of fun.

Then came a few kicking exercises, again with a partner. Big thanks to Ray and Jeff for straightening me out a lot. We then did a little drill where you stand with your eyes closed and your partner shoves you a little with the pad, then you have to turn around and kick the pad.

After that we worked on front chokes.. the plucking thing followed by a groin kick. We then had one person w/ their back to the wall get ‘choked’ by their partner, where you get out of it and do a kick to the groin followed by two punches, then run to the other side of the room and come back to choke the other guy.

If any body is apprehensive about starting like I was, don’t even be! I was nervous as all heck but the staff at krav maga MD was totally professional and made me feel really comfortable. Big thanks to all involved!!

-A tired but happy Bart

spartan0311

Re: Great first day!

Good to here you had a positive experience. I will be starting at Owings Mills in July and want to take the LE H2H courses at Columbia. Thanks for adding to the positive things I have heard about KM Maryland.

rfc

Re: Great first day!

Bart,

It was nice to see you there and i’m glad you liked it -and BTW, you seemed to do just fine as did everyone that morning. I’ll pass a word on to Jeff and let him know you’re sore… No doubt, he’ll be glad to hear it rofl2

Since that intro class only had 4 people (2 of which came as a couple) you ended-up with a partner who was just as fit as you and was about about 40 pounds heavier. Congrats! You just survived your first go-around with a guy that was a couple weight classes over you… Just so you know, each evening class usually has about 18-20 people so, it’s much easier to find someone about your size.

When you first start taking classes, you should feel no shame in mentioning to your partner and instructor that you are totally new to Krav. A) your instructor will keep an eye on you and B) a more experienced partner will give you lots of tips…

Have fun… -carefull, it’s addictive!

Ray

quote bjelder:

I just took an intro class at Krav Maga MD. I’d like to send a huge thanks to RayC for helping me out and the staff (Jeff and Jeff) for being awesome and having a great, clean, friendly environment. thumbsup

It was a TON of fun! I have a lot (read: a WHOLE lot) of stuff to work on which is great. We started off with our instructor Jeff talking to us about KM, what its for, etc. Then went on with a bow in, did some jumping jacks, push ups, crunches, jogging in place, that sort of thing. Then we practiced a few straight punches, watched a little demo of Jeff and Ray going at it, then paired up and did some punching exercises with our partner. The dude I was with was pretty intense, ha! We then did a “30 second exercise” where you punch the pad that the other guy is holding for 30 seconds w/out stopping. This took a lot out of me but was a lot of fun.

Then came a few kicking exercises, again with a partner. Big thanks to Ray and Jeff for straightening me out a lot. We then did a little drill where you stand with your eyes closed and your partner shoves you a little with the pad, then you have to turn around and kick the pad.

After that we worked on front chokes.. the plucking thing followed by a groin kick. We then had one person w/ their back to the wall get ‘choked’ by their partner, where you get out of it and do a kick to the groin followed by two punches, then run to the other side of the room and come back to choke the other guy.

If any body is apprehensive about starting like I was, don’t even be! I was nervous as all heck but the staff at krav maga MD was totally professional and made me feel really comfortable. Big thanks to all involved!!

-A tired but happy Bart

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: