Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Greetings from Orlando!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    stanmc

I’m Stan and am (very) new to KM. I went to my first training session last Saturday and was gassed in about five minutes. Picked up some equipment today (gloves, mouthguard, cup) and am ready for tomorrow morning’s class.

I have no experience in anything like this and am eager to learn.

mara-jade

Re: Greetings from Orlando!

Welcome to the forum,

Don’t worry about it. I’ve seen ‘athletes’ who thought they were ‘it’ were winded in less than 5 minutes their first time too.;):

Best wishes on your training

stanmc

Thanks!

Yesterday we trained on, among other things, the 360 defense and some inside blocks. It was somewhat uncomfortable. My forearms are now bruised up nicely. Gotta love it!!!

Hey Stan

Greetings from central Texas

I have been doing hard style Kajukenbo and Krav Maga for several years and still bruise up on the blade of my forearms. I don’t notice the tenderness or pain during or after training as much anymore but I still get the bruising. Pain is part of life and we endure and mature just remember you need to know and respect what your body is telling you. Also be careful about over doing the training in the beginning. You have to give you body time to heal.

Train Hard and Stay Safe

catapult

http://www.revgear.com/product/189/

stanmc

quote oglenewinkel:

Hey Stan

Greetings from central Texas

I have been doing hard style Kajukenbo and Krav Maga for several years and still bruise up on the blade of my forearms. I don’t notice the tenderness or pain during or after training as much anymore but I still get the bruising. Pain is part of life and we endure and mature just remember you need to know and respect what your body is telling you. Also be careful about over doing the training in the beginning. You have to give you body time to heal.

Train Hard and Stay Safe

The bruising looks worse than it feels. My training partner yesterday kept things at a reasonable pace and intensity. The trainers seem very good about making sure form is proper. Hopefully I can remind myself continually to be smart about it all.

stanmc

I like the looks of that! Thanks for the tip.

venomgrrrl

Hi Stan,

Where are you training in Orlando? I moved here 5 months ago and have had a hard time finding a place. I was a student in Minneapolis and Chicago before this and both cities had very active schools. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Monica

yishai

Greetings Floridians! I too am a new resident of the Orlando-area and am curious as to a good school or training location. I am glad there are others whom share an interest in this art.

bradm

quote Venomgrrrl:

Hi Stan,

Where are you training in Orlando? I moved here 5 months ago and have had a hard time finding a place. I was a student in Minneapolis and Chicago before this and both cities had very active schools. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Monica

I would be interested in knowing where you train also. When I first moved to Kissimmee about 6 years ago, I had a bad esperience with the quality of Krav instruction at one of he local schools. I ended up quiting and seeking a different form of self defense. I’ve since stopped that also.

don

How’s the weather out there right now? I was in Orlando for a week a couple of months ago and it was HUUU-Mid! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: