Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    nixxon

I searched and for some reason didn’t come up with anything so I’ll pose my question here.

I’m new to Krav and have been using a standard baseball style groin protector. It seems pretty inadequate for Krav, it reduces mobility a ton, its EXTREMELY uncomfortable and is always moving around not giving me protection. What kind of protection do you guys use?

I was thinking of getting this, seems more comfortable and is designed for Krav type movements.

http://www.mmawarehouse.com/Shock-Doctor-BasiX-Compression-Short-Flex-Cup-p/shk-1001.htm

Thanks in advance,

Scott

cjs-dad
    Keymaster
    bradm

Just curious. Do you wear them on the inside or outside of your pants or shorts? I’ve seen them worn both ways. I usually wear mine on the inside — less embarasing if there are ladies around 😳

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Honestly depends on what Iím doing and what class it is if I wear it at all.

When Iím teaching/assisting I ALWAYS wear one simply because when a technique is being demoíd on me ya never know when a groin slap might get a little too friendly.

If Iím doing fight class I like the rev gear one because its got a little more abb protection.

If Iím ground fighting/bjj I like a smaller one because I find the larger one is uncomfortable pulling guard etc.the bigger ones tend to cut into my thighs

If Iím taking a regular KM class I slack sometimes and donít bother but I try and always make sure my partner knows I donít have one on. The exception to that is with the baseball style ones you can just wear the strap and in a hurry turn your back to the class and slide it in if you need to.

And I have never worn one on the outside

nixxon

Well the problem is the baseball style one I have right now tears easily, and at the point where the cup pouch is attached to the waist portion became weak it snaps so it doesn’t fit right. Also… the cup doesn’t protect all of my…. surface area? I don’t know a more PC way to define that.

How far up does the Revgear one come up to protect the abdomen, I’m in a level 1 class right now so we don’t really make much contact and when we do its not very hard (Usually… lol). I would hate to sacrafice mobility for protection I don’t really need right now.

kbb

I have been using a \”MMA Groin Protector.\” It is padded on the outside, not to bulky, and it saved me a drop to the ground a few times. I wear under armor compression shors underneath because I find it a lot more comfortable.

wyatt9696

i’ve worn shock doctor compression shorts with built in cup for a long time. i’ve yet to find a better groin protector. gotten booted down there many times, and i’m still talking in my normal voice. the shorts keep everybody nice and comfy – cozy , & \”happy, happy\” down there. 😳

http://shockdoctor.com/coreProtective/BasiXcompression.html

rpm-rmkm

If you want the best groin protection available, nothing compares to the Windy Steel Cup:

http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=22217

If you do not like the traditional three string lace strap (most people do not)
    remove the straps and put the steel cup in a Bike Brief Supporter With Cup Pouch or equivalent:

http://www.bikeathletic.com/product.aspx?catId=9

RPM
    Rocky Mountain Krav Maga

g-v

Chuck Norris is so tough, his balls ARE the groin protector.

giant-killer

Sounds like Nixxon needs the XXXL. Congrats! 😆

g-v

You know what they say about dudes with big groin protectors.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: