Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

So, with there being more and more roundhouse and side kicks in level 2/3, what are the ideal types of stretches, and duration of time one should hold of these stretches to flex out the groin. Maybe there are some yoga, pilkates people out there who can throw in their .02 Anyone else having trouble?

Re: Groin Stretches

I’ll give you the Army NCO answer. I keep forgetting a lot of the the stretches the Krav instructors use.

What we teach is either the “butterfly” stretch (butt on the ground, bottoms of feet together, forearms and elbows pressing down knees. 1 repetition, move feet in closer, 2nd repetition), or just the standard groin stretch (both feet facing forward, front leg out diagonaly, lean into the front leg).

We do 10 seconds per side per stretch prior to PT, 15 seconds per side and double repetitions at the end of PT.

Works pretty well and it typicaly prevents a lot of injuries.

Hope this helps!

J-

blackbelt

we do partner stretches have partner squat down put leg on partners shoulder and have partner stand up sloly till you fill it hold 30 sec then try and go higher do this 2-3 times a week have to let legs rest in between

keljeron

I was thinking about this at the gym today.

I was taught in addition to the butterfly stretch to squeeze my arm between my knees to help stretch the groin. Here’s how you do it:

Sit on a mat with your feet flat on the ground — your knees are bent. Put your hand on the opposite knee (with the bottom of your palm toward the floor) and have your elbow meet the other knee. Try to squeeze your knees together as hard as you can for about 10 seconds, then rest, and repeat.

I usually do the butterfly stretch after this, and I notice I’m able to stretch better after doing this (and I don’t get as sore).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: