Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Ground Fighting Weirdness

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kmcat

So, I am doing a night bicycle ride in the city tonight with some comrades and we go past this dark part of the grounds of a museum here in Kansas City and there are about 8 guys standing around two guys fighting/wrestling on the ground.

It does not look like they are trying to kill each other, and as I continued past I saw on near by steps some 10 – 20 pound weights, gym bags, back packs and water bottles. Apparently, they were conducting some sort of training session.

Don’t know about these people or what their whole story was, but makes me think twice about paying close attention to ground fighting lessons in my KM classes to understand what may occur in a confrontation.

prekarious1

Get on the ground and train! You will dispel many misconceptions and become more relaxed in the environment after getting used to it.

Hope no one called the cops on them if they were just training though. Have had that happen, not always a fun time

johnl-d11

I’ve been taking BJJ for about 2 years and it has def. made me a lot more comfortable on the ground, especially against someone that has no clue what to do.

anonymous

Maybe they were staging one of those impromptu MMA fights that end up on the internet sometimes. Would be weird to just train BJJ on concrete next to a museum (didn’t they see Night At The Museum? A big dinosaur might step on them!). Or maybe they just wanted to toughen up, see what wrestling on the ground feels like.

kmcat

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Maybe they were staging one of those impromptu MMA fights that end up on the internet sometimes. Would be weird to just train BJJ on concrete next to a museum (didn’t they see Night At The Museum? A big dinosaur might step on them!). Or maybe they just wanted to toughen up, see what wrestling on the ground feels like.

Actually it was a \”fru-fru\” Art museum, and it was on the soft grass.

anonymous

Soft grass, sounds better. Just keep them away from the paintings then, so they don’t elbow a hole into a 139 million $ Picasso they are about to sell…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: