Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    08busa

how much ground work do you actually do in km? im going to take a class on tuesday but was just wondering. thanks

stevetuna

Re: ground work

The answer is that it depends. It’s my understanding that the Krav Maga philosophy is that we train to fight on the ground because we may end up there from time to time, but we focus on getting up off of the ground. The main reason for this is that we don’t know if we’re only fighting one guy. If we’re on the ground fighting the first guy, the second guy can come up and kick you in the head. Since we always train to address the worst-case scenario, getting our butts off the ground as fast as possible makes sense.

Having said that, we train ground work so that we’re prepared if we end up there. Ground skills are important, but in a reality-based system are not as essential as others.

One more thing – when we ask the women at our women’s self-defense classes what they want to work on, they quite often say ground work. They know that it’s where a lot of attackers want to take them and, thus, working on groundfighting helps them address one of their most realistic fears.

I hope that helps.

08busa

yes thanks

mara-jade

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum:wav:

ohiobuckeye

Yes welcome to the forum. I’ve actually not done any groundwork yet but looking forward to it. Our school actually has nights dedicated to just ground work and I’ll definitely be attending those.

greenbeanie

quote OhioBuckeye:

Our school actually has nights dedicated to just ground work and I’ll definitely be attending those.

See Taking Your Opponent to the Ground.

michaela1

Ive done about 10 lessons,i struggle with the moves,lookking for some to practice with away from my cass

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Watching youtube videos on basic ground work helped me a lot when I didn’t;t have a partner to train with. It gives you a better idea of concept.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: